The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University Applicants/Offer Holders 2016 Entry

I see that there is a thread for 2015 entry but not for 2016 entry, so thought I should start one! :h:

I got two unconditional offers yesterday (I applied for 2 different courses) subject to DMU being chosen as my firm choice and I'm wondering who else out there has applied/received an offer and for what course!

Scroll to see replies

I had an unconditonal offer last year so deferred entry until 2016. I am studying law. What are you studying? Congratulations on your unconditional by the way! :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by hannah1226
I had an unconditonal offer last year so deferred entry until 2016. I am studying law. What are you studying? Congratulations on your unconditional by the way! :smile:

I plan to study law too, waiting on my offer 😊
I've got a conditional for Pharmacy :biggrin:
I put it as my insurance choice though because Huddersfield is so much easier to get to for me
Original post by Separations
I've got a conditional for Pharmacy :biggrin:
I put it as my insurance choice though because Huddersfield is so much easier to get to for me

What grades do you have for them to give you an conditional? I only sent my application off on the 13th and I'm just wondering how long it takes them to reply? ☺️
Original post by freemarketeer
What grades do you have for them to give you an conditional? I only sent my application off on the 13th and I'm just wondering how long it takes them to reply? ☺️

My grades are only CCCC+C in general studies
The offer ABB with BB atleast in biology and chemistry

I sent it off probably about two months ago now and they got back to me within maybe a week? After the interview they gave me an offer the day after :biggrin:

It could be different though because it is after the UCAS deadline so don't worry about it!
(edited 8 years ago)
My grades are only CCCC+C in general studies
The offer ABB with BB atleast in biology and chemistry

I sent it off probably about two months ago now and they got back to me within maybe a week? After the interview they gave me an offer the day after :biggrin:

It could be different though because it is after the UCAS deadline so don't worry about it!

That's comforting! My course is only 280points required too, and before I finish my course I already have 240 so I'm hoping for an offer. Although I'm torn between Hull, Huddersfield or De Montford 🙈
That's comforting! My course is only 280points required too, and before I finish my course I already have 240 so I'm hoping for an offer. Although I'm torn between Hull, Huddersfield or De Montford 🙈

I wouldn't be surprised if DMU gave you an unconditional if you already have 240
Personally I really love Huddersfield but that's mainly because it's a 20 minute drive from my house :laugh:
I wouldn't be surprised if DMU gave you an unconditional if you already have 240
Personally I really love Huddersfield but that's mainly because it's a 20 minute drive from my house :laugh:

I'm definitely leaning towards Huddersfield too! I live in Sheffield so it wouldn't be a big commute to come home, it's close to Manchester and Leeds, the accommodation and uni is good and the fact there's only 20 spaces on my course and they gave me an offer after 2 days makes me think they definitely liked my application. Or maybe my course is unpopular haha! 😊
I'm definitely leaning towards Huddersfield too! I live in Sheffield so it wouldn't be a big commute to come home, it's close to Manchester and Leeds, the accommodation and uni is good and the fact there's only 20 spaces on my course and they gave me an offer after 2 days makes me think they definitely liked my application. Or maybe my course is unpopular haha! 😊

What have you applied for if you don't mind me asking?

I live in Barnsley! Haha, small world :h:
What have you applied for if you don't mind me asking?

I live in Barnsley! Haha, small world :h:

No way! Haha! I've applied for Economics and Politics 😊 I'm more into economics but don't want a full degree of maths!
Reply 11
Original post by hannah1226

Thank you, I'll be studying English Literature :smile: Congratulations on your offer too!
Reply 12

Agreed! I already have 240 points and got an unconditional so it's very likely they would.:tongue:
I received a conditional offer for architecture :smile: but I am currently asking myself if it's worth studying at DMU ... I am waiting for replies from Uni of Nottingham and Sheffield. I am not from the UK and everyone says that if you can't study at a Russell group uni, you shouldn't study in England :/ Why did you chose DMU? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by ChloeMay02
if you can't study at a Russell group uni, you shouldn't study in England :/ Why did you chose DMU? :smile:

Well done on the offer! :smile:
Russell group universities aren't easy to get accepted into but there are lots of other good universities around the UK that you will still benefit from studying at. I chose DMU because it's close to home and at the open day I found it a more enjoyable atmosphere to be in and the course modules for English are things I am interested in and love so it felt like the best choice for me. :biggrin:
Why did you choose DMU?
Thank you :3
I was looking for a uni in the Midlands of England and one I knew that I could get accepted into. I really want to study in England! And for architecture, DMU seems to be ranked quite well. On the completeuniversityguide it's on spot 14, which is 2 spots behind uni of Nottingham! And the graduate prospects were quite high, but I'm scared that I might regret it, because those £9000+ per year... that's a lot :/
I have a conditional for Pharmacy from DMU, and it's one of my top two choices, It just depends on whether I get an offer from the other Uni that I really like, depends whether it's my firm or not :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ChloeMay02
but I'm scared that I might regret it, because those £9000+ per year... that's a lot :/

I know right.. So much debt I'm getting myself into :/ Are you eligible for the tuition fee loan? I don't mind the £9000 tuition because you only have to pay it back when you're earning a certain amount a year so it takes a lot of pressure off paying all that money. The degree I'm doing will get me the job I really want so it's worth getting into debt for! :wink:

Original post by RebeccaHughes
I have a conditional for Pharmacy from DMU, and it's one of my top two choices, It just depends on whether I get an offer from the other Uni that I really like, depends whether it's my firm or not :smile:

Congrats on your offer! May I ask what the other university is? :colondollar:
Thanks, I'm waiting to hear from Keele, I don't even know if I'm going to be invited for an interview yet though, If Keele reject me then DMU is going to be my firm, but at the minute if get an offer from Keele then that will be my firm :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
I've accepted my unconditional to study history :h:

Quick Reply

Latest