The Student Room Group

Finding a job is sending me insane: Interview Question Advice

I have been on the dole since February and it's killing me!

I need help.

I don't have a degree, the highest qualification I have is a HNC but I do have a few years of admin/office work experience. I am planning on moving to London and so have been applying for admin type jobs down there...it's not going well at all!

Some interviews have gone really well but still haven't got the job, of which the recruiters won't offer me interview feedback (!). Some interviews have just been bizarre.

I get around 1 interview per 5/10 applications and it's just not fun, so I've decided to go for jobs with no prospects. Which brings me to:

If you're applying for a job you know isn't going to go anywhere what do you say if asked 'where do you want to be in 5 years time?’

'Not working for you’ is probably not a good answer! Or do you just say you are unsure of your career plan..? That doesn’t sound great either.

Also at the end of an interview when it’s your turn to ask questions is it a bad idea to ask ‘What are the prospects for development Etc…’ when you know that there isn’t really any?

Is applying for jobs in London whilst not living in London a huge disadvantage?

Thanks for any help!

I want a job.
It depends on what the jobs is I spose.

People often say Supermarket jobs are dead end, but they are not technically as you could train to be a supervisor/manager/etc

So maybe think of ways to hype it up.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful, I do not know much about the field you are on baout!

Latest

Trending

Trending