Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it was quite ez .. got paper 4 soon :frown:
Reply 2
Catchetat
it was quite ez .. got paper 4 soon :frown:

yeah..althought there where some tought questions!!lol
Reply 3
I'm in year 10 and we all did core (paper 1). It was easypeasylemonsqueazyyy!! I think I'm gonna get 100% :biggrin:

Next year we'll do extended.
Reply 4
[
:
Reply 5
ahh i did my paper 2 yesterday and i have my paper 4 tomorrow!!! i'm no maths genius, i mean i got 50% on the mock exam, but for some reason i've been working really hard and i've been doing a lot better lately (95% on a paast paper 4 yesterday XD) but meh, i'm not expecting an AMAZING grade. anything better than a 60% is good for me, and considering that a 65+% was an A in the mock, i'm not SUPER worried. Taking maths studies in IB anyway :P

GOOD LUCK!:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 6
Did it yesterday, was kind of easy but I'm sure I messed up in some questions... Lol, forgot what compund and simple interest but I think I got it right, but I might have messed up with the compund (might have used the wrong %)

As long as I get 50 in this and 80 in paper 4, then I'm happy. I just hope no functions turn up or any complicated matrix questions (because I'm no good in them lol).
Whats with all the talk about a paper 4? :confused:

I only did paper 1 & 2 IGCSE maths :s-smilie:
yeah same. we only did 2 papers. 3H and 4H:confused:
Reply 9
This is for all people who just did their IGCSE MATHS. Was it harder than ANY of the past papers? Or has my brain just completely lost all mathematical knowledge?!:confused:

Hopefully everyone else did crap, so the grade boundaries will be....extremely, extremely low.:tsr2:
i though the exam was really easy, especially compared to the past practice papers.
don't worry tho coz u can redo the exam in november
Reply 11
YEAH! I just did my CIE IGCSE Mathematics (no coursework) exam too!

Actually I also did paper 4 today...
but i'm really REALLY worried about my results!!!

I think I scored at least 56 or 57 out of 70 on paper 2....

but paper 4 i was forced to miss 3 whole questions out of 9... and i calculated i'd probably get 60 out of 130 for that paper :frown::frown::frown:

=probably 116 marks out of 200
Would 58% at least be a B?

Much help would be appreciated...

Again,the exam was CIE IGCSE Mathematics (no coursework)

P.S Did you guys find this paper 4 exam harder than the past paper 4s from before??? when we all finished our paper 4 exam we were like "!!!!!!! that was way harder than all previous paper 4s!!!"

What did you guys think?
Reply 12
robpcdude
YEAH! I just did my CIE IGCSE Mathematics (no coursework) exam too!

Actually I also did paper 4 today...
but i'm really REALLY worried about my results!!!

I think I scored at least 56 or 57 out of 70 on paper 2....

but paper 4 i was forced to miss 3 whole questions out of 9... and i calculated i'd probably get 60 out of 130 for that paper :frown::frown::frown:

=probably 116 marks out of 200
Would 58% at least be a B?

Much help would be appreciated...

Again,the exam was CIE IGCSE Mathematics (no coursework)

P.S Did you guys find this paper 4 exam harder than the past paper 4s from before??? when we all finished our paper 4 exam we were like "!!!!!!! that was way harder than all previous paper 4s!!!"

What did you guys think?

I did my paper 4 today!! and it was so difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all my mates and me thougth it, in fact all people who took the exam thought it... the one of the area wass really difficult, also the last question, the grade boundaries should go down quite a lot... I know an examiner that one year A grade was 59%... who knows!!

They have really tried to **** up us!! well...:mad:
Reply 13
if u did CIE IGCSE maths yes... I did my paper 4 today, and I´ve never seen a harder exam!! it was so difficult!!!!!!!!!!!! all people from my year thought it as well!! grade boundaries should be very low.... I don´t understand how they put it so difficult, the last question was extremely difficult, and the one of the cylinder tank also... I don´t know what to say... the examiners have not been nice with us...
Reply 14
witchbaby
This is for all people who just did their IGCSE MATHS. Was it harder than ANY of the past papers? Or has my brain just completely lost all mathematical knowledge?!:confused:

Hopefully everyone else did crap, so the grade boundaries will be....extremely, extremely low.:tsr2:

Me too i did CIE IGCSE math today... the only question with that cylinder was the hardest.... otherwise i think it was a very fair test.. But I still hope that the grade boundaries will be low...
Reply 15
I know what you're going through jdel... Had to just make up answers for questions (especially the cylinder-water tank thing). I'm hoping for an 80/130 at least. Then that will probably get me around 60%+ along with Paper2.

I know some people ended up missing a page or two :eek:

Uh... Do we get marks for using the right method but getting the wrong answer?
Reply 16
Ritus
I know what you're going through jdel... Had to just make up answers for questions (especially the cylinder-water tank thing). I'm hoping for an 80/130 at least. Then that will probably get me around 60%+ along with Paper2.

I know some people ended up missing a page or two :eek:

Uh... Do we get marks for using the right method but getting the wrong answer?

yeah definitively if you used the right method... didn´t you find last question hard? yesterday i did a paper4 and i got about 95%... or more, and i found today that this paper was extremely difficult
Reply 17
I had the IGCSE p4 today... and it was way too difficult than the past papers...I hope the grade boundaries will be low this time...
Reply 18
The last was kind of hard, managed to do the lines and dots parts but that was about it... The rest I just made up a method to answer them since, something on the paper was better than nothing.

I'm really hoping for a 80/130, that will be my pass ticket (I guess I've got 50/70 secured in the last test). I really hope the grade boundaries go down this year, so that I can get an A :rolleyes: [Which would be a first for me in Maths, in a long time xD ]
I did the CIE. It was quite a bit harder than the past papers but it was ok overall.. I didn't really get the stupid water thing though lol. Everything else I answered.

I managed to do the last question. I hope the grade boundaries will be low this year too =P

Latest