The Student Room Group

Do I need to pay for GCSE Certificates?

I'm doing GCSEs this year and I did one last year as well.

Do I need the buy the certificates? My friend says her sister didnt buy them a few years ago so didn't recieve them. Do you need to buy them if you are getting them for the first time? (not a replacement) If so, how much are they?

(I have a feeling the school bought them for the GCSE in year 10 as they have them already but are planning on giving them with this years ones. It would not make sense for them to get them and risk people not buying them)
Original post by Charlotte.13

Do I need the buy the certificates? My friend says her sister didnt buy them a few years ago so didn't recieve them. Do you need to buy them if you are getting them for the first time? (not a replacement) If so, how much are they?

(I have a feeling the school bought them for the GCSE in year 10 as they have them already but are planning on giving them with this years ones. It would not make sense for them to get them and risk people not buying them)

They're free for the first copy, it's only if you need replacements you have to pay.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte.13

State schools are not allowed to charge pupils for the entry fees (which includes the certificates) for GCSEs they teach. If you lose the certificate (or don't pick it up within a year of it being issued and so the school destroys it) then you have to pay the exam boards for replacements.
Original post by claireestelle
They're free for the first copy, it's only if you need replacements you have to pay.

Original post by Compost
State schools are not allowed to charge pupils for the entry fees (which includes the certificates) for GCSEs they teach. If you lose the certificate (or don't pick it up within a year of it being issued and so the school destroys it) then you have to pay the exam boards for replacements.

Thank you :smile:
We’re being told our first ones we have to pay £45 per certificate we never got given them free ?

Quick Reply

Latest