The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
For the standard form one, it ended up like:
(1500000/something)* 100 = 33 and a third, hmmmm
Reply 81
Hodan
i'm pretty certain it was 33.3% and for the compound interest one. i got the same answer as you.

I did that, excpept I didn't know exactly what I was doing. So I was using trial and improvement as to what I had to times the original by to get the changed one. Then from that I figured out how I would have done it in formula :tongue:
Reply 82
so for the second to last question for the area of the cone. the answer was 209cm3 right.
For the standard form one they stated that in 1933, there were 45 million citizens and in 2003, there were 60 million citizens. We had to work out the % increase which can be calculated by finding the difference (15 million) and dividing that by the original count of 60 million and multiplying that by 100 to get 25%.
x-minnie moose -x
i got 33.3% too.....

i put 33% :confused: u think they'll accept that?
Reply 85
yh 33 n a thrid, nd quadratic was 9 and 1, they were the only hard ones rli, last one was 12, quite involved though
Reply 86
I somehow managed to get 12.24cm for the last question... lol I also got 3 and 4 for the 'solve x' one... but I think the rest of the paper was easy.

Standard form one was 33.3% - without a doubt.

EDIT: @HBK it's 15/45 not /60 you wally.
Reply 87
I did (2000*(1.055)^3) - 2000
Reply 88
silver_j
I somehow managed to get 12.24cm for the last question... lol I also got 3 and 4 for the 'solve x' one... but I think the rest of the paper was easy.

Standard form one was 33.3% - without a doubt.

Did you round the arc length? :frown:
Reply 89
I'm so stupid about the standard form percentage increase - it was so easy! It's so obviously 33% ARGGH
Reply 90
You make my stupid mistakes like the standed form one I got wrong... now look so easy.... Which it is if I had my head screwed on.
Reply 91
hbk91
I got 25% for the standard form increase and I'm pretty certain that was right...

For the compound interest total, did everyone get something like £348.48?

yes! I almost made the mistake of leaving it as 2348.48 but i remembered it was TOTAL compound interest ONLY.
silver_j
I somehow managed to get 12.24cm for the last question...

i got that too!:sheep:
Reply 93
3.2 for the trial and improvement one? (got to love the 4 marks there)

20cm and 6cm for the similar shapes?

209cm^3 for volume of the cone?
Reply 94
Daniel77
Did you round the arc length? :frown:

I worked it out some different way (wrong too), probably just a coincidence I got 12.24 lol
Reply 95
sim2fresh
yes! I almost made the mistake of leaving it as 2348.48 but i remembered it was TOTAL compound interest ONLY.

Aye, I saw the bold text as I was about to move on. Could have made a very stupid mistake there :tongue:
dancharlton
i put 33% :confused: u think they'll accept that?
yup
33.3% is defo the right answer

i mean like they've put it as a trick question cos putting 25 seems so easy
like its obvious 15 out of 60 = 25%

anyone agree?
or i dont know what im talking about....
Reply 97
Daniel77
3.2 for the trial and improvement one? (got to love the 4 marks there)

20cm and 6cm for the similar shapes?

209cm^3 for volume of the cone?

Yeah, I think I got those.
Reply 98
86.6 seconds for the question about IQ time where we had to work out the mean?
Reply 99
Princess
Yeah, I think I got those.

-dances with a melon around an apple tree ^^-

Latest