The Student Room Group

Late Coursework

Okay, so I'm currently freaking out a little. I completed all my coursework a far few weeks ago and mine has been ready to send off for a while now, however because some people didn't finish on time, our teacher is refusing to send off our coursework until she has their work and has marked it! Since coursework is 60% of my grade, I'm very, very worried that if the exam board receives it late for moderation and external marking then they'll disqualify it! Would they disqualify a whole centre's coursework if it's all sent in late? (We only have one class for the subject).
Agh, I want to take this subject for A Level too so I need to get a good grade! It just annoys me that the majority of the class have worked so hard to finish on time but because of a few people we might all suffer from it. Has anybody else been in this situation? Thank you in advance...sorry, I'm just a bundle of nerves and stress at the moment.
That seems really unusual. Usually, the school would send off coursework regardless of whether everyone had completed it or not. I can't really say whether you'll be penalised for it, but if you're really panicking, try speaking to the head of that subject, your head of year, exams administrator, head teacher etc. Anybody above your teacher who would know what was going on.

I agree that it's totally not fair for all of the people who have completed their coursework and I suggest you chase it up. I hope it gets sorted out!:smile:
Original post by graciousgannon
That seems really unusual. Usually, the school would send off coursework regardless of whether everyone had completed it or not. I can't really say whether you'll be penalised for it, but if you're really panicking, try speaking to the head of that subject, your head of year, exams administrator, head teacher etc. Anybody above your teacher who would know what was going on.

I agree that it's totally not fair for all of the people who have completed their coursework and I suggest you chase it up. I hope it gets sorted out!:smile:

I know, I spoke with my form tutor and he said that it should've just been sent off! He did say that they're unlikely to disqualify the whole class and they'd probably only take a couple of marks off but I'm still a bit worried- might talk to my exams administrator tomorrow if I get the chance. I really hope it gets sorted out too! Thank you!
Well it's okay because you can get a late submission it's your teacher specifies why. Don't worry, let the school take care of it.

Also, don't bash the late coursework handers, life gets in the way sometimes :frown: (speaks from experience!)
I wouldnt worry. You wont be prejudiced. You can get a reassurance from the teacher or head of department.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well it's okay because you can get a late submission it's your teacher specifies why. Don't worry, let the school take care of it.

Also, don't bash the late coursework handers, life gets in the way sometimes :frown: (speaks from experience!)

Thanks for your advice! Oh no, I know all too well (I've been ill most of the year) but trust me, the people who were late with this just couldn't be bothered to complete their coursework and meet the deadline. That's what they said to everybody, I honestly would never bash anybody who was late if they had a reason as I've been late with coursework myself too.

Quick Reply

Latest