The Student Room Group

GCSE results

Eevryon alwasys says you will have one terrible exam. I have one exam left, and i have obviously been worse at some than others, but i haven't had an awful exam yet. The worse ones are the ones i expected to do average anyway but still not as bad as i expected. is this good or bad? i'm concerned i've done much worse than i think and that i won't get back into my school sixth form. But i barely revised for mocks and if they were official, i would have got enough points to take 3 subjects. so this comforts me. however, some mocks i did better than i thought i would and some i did worse in ( like a b in physics when i thought i'd get a c/d as i usually get a c an have been known to get a d once in an exam. then i was expecting an a/a* in history and got a b) so i'm worried i have been too optimistic at my exams and have done much worse than i thought so i've failed. i need 373 ucas points to get in and 400+ for 4 subjects. i hope i do get in but i'm just worried now. hopefully conttrolled assesments which weren't taken into account for mocks can drag up my grades. i'm expected to get a couple of a*s ots of As and some Bs and a few Cs but i don't know. i feel like i've done well, but it concerns me i haven't had a failure of an exam yet where i believe it's less than a c or a grade i need to take a subject. maybe i'm too positive. i dunno but now i'm quite worried for my results.
Firstly it shouldn't concern you at all that you haven't had a terrible exam, that will be of no benefit to yourself. Secondly there is no point at all in worrying about or even thinking about exams you have done. Whilst I admit that this is easier said than done, make an effort to not think about how well or how badly you've done as it cannot be changed and you will gain nothing from this.
Finally focus on the last exam, as you still have control over what grade your going to get for that exam, whereas your other exam grades have already been essentially decided.

Quick Reply

Latest