The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

How difficult is LSE Law to get into? Personal Statement?

Hey,I've been considering applying to LSE for Law on my gap year, and while I have very good grades (8A*s and 4As at GCSE, 4 As at AS, 3 A* A-Level) from a very average state school, I'm quite concerned at how competitive it is. I plan on applying to other high risk unis (Oxford, Durham, UCL) as well as a slightly safer local one (Manchester) but I'm not sure how much risk I really want to take on overall. I know how competitive Law is (17% offer rate), and I feel like a lot of that boils down to how important the Personal Statement is. I guess I just feel like how good a personal statement is can be so arbitrary and difficult to follow - and that makes applying to LSE a real risk. I know that they have a little guide on how to structure a personal statement - is following that guideline - passion for Law, wider reading, work experience, volunteering/sport bit at the end - enough? It just seems from past LSE applicant threads that the personal statement rejection is so prevalent.
Reply 1
The reason the offer rate is so low is due to the fact that LSE is a well know uni and a lot of people apply regardless of their grades/PS. Don't be afraid of those numbers.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending