The Student Room Group

kpmg post acceptance

hi just wanted a brief overview of what happens after u accept a graduate contract offer in kpmg.

i gave 2 referees in the application form, they contact them via a letter? does the academic reference have to be a university professor or the reference has to be on a uni letter head?

how do they check the degree and the marks in ur first second and third years? do u have to present a degree certificate and a transcript ?

any replies will be most appreciated

cheers
Reply 1
For KPMG Ireland you have to send copies of transcripts for each year as well as a degree certificate if you've graduated.

Is the academic reference in addition to the other two referees you gave? I would definitely recommend using a professor for it (on some applications I've filled out they specify that it has to be a university professor).
Reply 2
no its the same 2 referees on the application form.

1 has to be employment the 2nd is academic.

also is it possible to change the referees u give in the initial application form?
Reply 3
not sure about how they contact your referees but one of mine was my 6th form tutor so dont think they'll care whether its a professor or not.

when i started they did not want a breakdown of my degree results, just my mark overall.
your very first week will probably involve you attending a week long induction course (maybe in crewe or milton keynes).
the first thing they did when i arrived at my induction on the sunday evening was to take all our certificates (uni, a-level, gcse) off of us and check i had what i said i had!
Reply 4
thanks a lot for ur input.

surely there r more ppl who have been recrutied in a graduate route in kpmg or other big 4 firms and know about the background checks. plzz do share if u know something about the process.
Reply 5
They will normally ask for two referees. One will be academic (e.g. personal tutor) and the otehr from previous employment (recommend your last employer). They will ask you whether they can contact them now or at a later date, most likely it will be done by e-mail.

In terms of degree, they will probably ask for something proving your mark which you'll get when you graduate.

During your first week they'll probably wanna see your A level/GCSE certificates as well.

Why are you so worried?
Reply 6
Can't speak for KPMG, but I know PwC have a team in their forensics division based in Belfast whose job is solely to perform background checks on new joiners. Believe me, they're VERY good at what they do e.g. out of about 15 new joiners in one office 3 got rejected because they found they'd 'exagerated' on their application.
Reply 7
lol y i m worried..i duno :s-smilie:
got a phone call 20 minutes after my assessment day finished on tuesday. got an email the next day saying that will shortly send me a formal contract.

no idea when that is going to be ...!

dont have a problem with degree certificates or transcripts etc...just not sure about the academice reference because i didn't give a uni tutor. n the thing is i have already graduated etc might be difficult for me to arrange one now (considering I studied abroad)
Reply 8
Beancounter
e.g. out of about 15 new joiners in one office 3 got rejected because they found they'd 'exagerated' on their application.

'Exaggerated' in what way?

I'm getting worried that my referees may not be too complementary.

Latest

Trending

Trending