The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2023 (Reinstated) applicants thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just did my tests.

Work Style Questionnaire Part 1 - A lot of alingment.

Situational Judgement Questionnaire - High range performance.

Numerical Test - High range performance.

Work Style Questionnaire Part 2 - Below Average.

I am starting to panic about that below average.

Good luck to everyone!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Heinn
Just did my tests.

Work Style Questionnaire Part 1 - A lot of alingment.

Situational Judgement Questionnaire - High range performance.

Numerical Test - High range performance.

Work Style Questionnaire Part 2 - Below Average.

I am starting to panic about that below average.

Good luck to everyone!

How long they take you? Good luck!
I just did mine:

WSQ 1: Above average/high alignment
SJT: Average
Numerical Test: Above average
WSQ 2: Above average

Kinda kicking myself over the Average but hey ho, what’s done is done. Now we wait 🙃
(edited 1 year ago)
good luck all! just sent mine off fingers crossed
Reply 24
Original post by birdsdontsing
How long they take you? Good luck!

Everything besides numerical took me around 10-15 minutes for each part.

Numerical took me around 25 minutes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 25
do we have only 2 weeks to apply and complete all the assessments in this window?
Original post by Zeeyo
do we have only 2 weeks to apply and complete all the assessments in this window?

think it'll be the described 5 day windows to complete everything but the whole process will be longer than two weeks when accounting for the gaps in between whilst waiting for results - there's quite a detailed summary of the timeline on the FAQs page
Reply 27
Original post by Zeeyo

5 days for the initial tests (starting from the moment you register), another 5 days for WSB (when they unlock it), another 7 days for additional info (upon passing WSB), then the FSAC. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Heinn
5 days for the initial tests, another 5 days for WSB, another 7 days for additional info, then the FSAC. :smile:

Am I right in thinking FSAC will be in the January - March time? (think i read it on the website but not 100% sure)
Original post by Lucymarva
Am I right in thinking FSAC will be in the January - March time? (think i read it on the website but not 100% sure)

"When will the assessment centre appointments take place?

We expect assessment centres to run between the end of January and the end of March."
I just received an email saying the online assessments are unlocked for me. Im kinda nervous lol where can I do the practice
Reply 31
Original post by Wooord!
I just received an email saying the online assessments are unlocked for me. Im kinda nervous lol where can I do the practice

Civil service has a page with practice tests. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/civil-service-online-tests

Also, when you do the actual tests you will also have a practice question beforehand and it will let you know whether you answered it incorrectly. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Good luck did my tests today WB1 - Mostly aligned sjt - averagenumerical - better than the majority of candidates WB2 - above average I am waiting to see where the next stage unlocks.i am applying to Science and Engineering , Generalist Stem , Diplomatic , operational Research
Original post by Alex kore
Good luck did my tests today WB1 - Mostly aligned sjt - averagenumerical - better than the majority of candidates WB2 - above average I am waiting to see where the next stage unlocks.i am applying to Science and Engineering , Generalist Stem , Diplomatic , operational Research

Do you know if they've offered the Generalist STEM one before? or is this the first year?
the details about that stream were really vague on their website and on their YouTube they have pretty in depth videos about each stream except for the generalist STEM one
Original post by cheesypastaa
Do you know if they've offered the Generalist STEM one before? or is this the first year?
the details about that stream were really vague on their website and on their YouTube they have pretty in depth videos about each stream except for the generalist STEM one

its a new stream. i applying dor second time this year
its a new stream. i applying dor second time this year

you've applied twice this year? or did you mean it's your second choice?
you've applied twice this year? or did you mean it's your second choice?

i mean i applied last year aswell
i mean i applied last year aswell

so they did have the generalist STEM stream last year? I thought it was new to this year
so they did have the generalist STEM stream last year? I thought it was new to this year

its a new stream. Yes
Could anybody please rec any good sites to practise the WB and SJT? I’ve done a fair few SJTs for elsewhere but not Civil Service, so idk how much they differ in what values they’re looking for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending