The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2023 (Reinstated) applicants thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ControlAlt
In the FAQ, it says: "We aim to set final pass marks for the online test pass marks by the end of January."
So it could take a while until they unlock the work-based scenarios, although they also say that "Candidates will receive their results periodically and not all at the same time", so I'm not sure if that means that some may receive the results earlier.

Yeah that's exactly right, for some last year it was within the hour, but for others it was after a month or so. It did vary a lot from person to person, but the length of time didn't seem to be necessarily based on the scores though going on the experiences people were sharing.
But I just asked because it'll be nice to know if they've 'opened' that part of the application yet.
(edited 1 year ago)
Just wanted to wish you guys the best, I applied last year and made it up to AC. Ive been offered a HEO role via the Direct Appointment Scheme which is also great.

FYI, this process can be quite long. You will get impatient so be proactive with jobs outside of this scheme aswell.

Happy to help anyone but ill be limited to advice that doesnt give anyone an unfair advantage. May also apply, just for fun lol.
I got WSQ1- average SJT - above average Numerical - above average WSQ2 - above average. I'm freaking out over the average... Anyone know if I have a shot at diplo still?
Reply 63
Original post by Abzino1
Just wanted to wish you guys the best, I applied last year and made it up to AC. Ive been offered a HEO role via the Direct Appointment Scheme which is also great.

FYI, this process can be quite long. You will get impatient so be proactive with jobs outside of this scheme aswell.

Happy to help anyone but ill be limited to advice that doesnt give anyone an unfair advantage. May also apply, just for fun lol.

Congrats on getting the HEO position. Is the DAS position you get offered relevant to the scheme you applied for?
Original post by Flyingfishbrrr
Could anybody please rec any good sites to practise the WB and SJT? I’ve done a fair few SJTs for elsewhere but not Civil Service, so idk how much they differ in what values they’re looking for

Paid site, but https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/ was one I found (though the tests aren't Civil Service SJTs, but generic ones. Question format is mostly the same though)
Reply 65
Ahh! Just took the Work Style questionnaire, and I got, "Overall, although there was some alignment between your work style preferences and the workplace demands of the Fast Stream, this was to a limited degree." Hope the other tests go better... :frown: I wonder how they're weighted? I'm really keen on this scheme, and it'd suck to get cut after this stage. I've been waiting for it to open for weeks.
8EAB5076-D0B8-4A08-8DFB-DE0C43D1290B.jpeg
Call me dumb, but is this a bad or good thing?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 67
Original post by LegalTom
8EAB5076-D0B8-4A08-8DFB-DE0C43D1290B.jpeg
Call me dumb, but is this a bad or good thing?

In these tests you get feedback of your performance being either above average/average/below average. You got average so I'd assume you are still in the running if everything else went well and your streams aren't too competitive (looking at you, diplomatic stream!).

So not great, not terrible.
(edited 1 year ago)
Just to be absolutely clear do we have 2weeks from 8/12 to start applying and do we have to have completed all the tests by the 22/12?Also can someone provide the application link. Thanks in advance.
Work Style Questionnaire Part 1 - A lot of alignment.

Situational Judgement Questionnaire - High range performance.

Numerical Test - Higher than Majority.

Work Style Questionnaire Part 2 - Above Average.

gl all:smile:
Reply 70
Anyone has their Work Based Scenario unlock yet?
Original post by alexgmt
Work Style Questionnaire Part 1 - A lot of alignment.

Situational Judgement Questionnaire - High range performance.

Numerical Test - Higher than Majority.

Work Style Questionnaire Part 2 - Above Average.

gl all:smile:

What does “a lot of alignment” mean? Haven’t done the assessments yet kinda nervous ahah
Reply 72
Hi all, just completed initial test:
WSQ1 = strong alignment
SJQ = Above average
Numerical = same as most
WSQ2 = above Average

applied for diploma/commercial/generalist/property current already in civil service as a band O and have experience in 2 departments, a little bit more mature than most applicants and hopefully 4th times the charm. I have got to 2/3 assessment centres, although I have noticed there seems to be no VI this time?? guess its because of short time scale? anyway good luck to everyone
Reply 73
Original post by Wooord!
What does “a lot of alignment” mean? Haven’t done the assessments yet kinda nervous ahah

Basically it's the same as "above average".

6JMrKRm.png
Reply 74
Original post by Emmy_lg
Anyone has their Work Based Scenario unlock yet?

I don't think that will open till close of applications, and then there's the scoring, higher the score the other test open quicker
Original post by Heinn
Basically it's the same as "above average".

6JMrKRm.png

Ohhh okay. Thank you
Gonna do the assessment today. My first choice is social research. Anyone have any ideas how competitive this is?
Original post by Wooord!
Gonna do the assessment today. My first choice is social research. Anyone have any ideas how competitive this is?

around 2% of people get a place on the CSFS every year. its the most competitive graduate scheme out there
After your post I decided to have a look, these are the ones I found listed and the number of vacancies if anyone is interested…
DDaT and cyber 113
Science and engineering 54
Property 20
Project delivery 71
HR 24
GSS 49
GSR 26
GORS 46
Generalist 208
Commercial 67
Finance 45
Reply 79
First time applicant here, looking to process the great amount of info around. I understand certain flexibility and mobility is expected, yet I'd like to decide on my preferences with location in mind too. Does anyone know if any schemes are more likely to be Scotland based? I'm currently looking at Finance, Generalist, Cyber and HR - likely to reject the idea of Project Delivery based on the map provided in the description. Any tips would be appreciated, best of luck to everyone applying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending