The Student Room Group

GAMSAT 2023 / 2024 entry discussions megathread

Here is the GAMSAT 2018 / 2019 thread (discussion of tests taken in 2018 and 2019, for 2019 and 2020 entries)

Here is the GAMSAT 2020 / 2021 thread (discussion of tests taken in 2020 and 2021, for 2021 and 2022 entries)

Important: read this first https://gamsat.acer.org/

This thread is for the discussion of the follow GAMSAT sittings:

March 2022: 18-23 March 2022; deadline to register 31st Jan 2022; fees £268

September 2022: 5-9 September 2022; deadline to register 29th July 2022; fees £268

March 2023: dates TBC

September 2023: dates TBC

To apply in 2022 for a program commencing in 2023 ONLY the following GAMSAT results can be used: March 2021 and September 2021, March 2022 and September 2022

GEM 2023 entry thread: Official Thread: Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry - The Student Room

To apply in 2023 for a program commencing in 2024 ONLY the following GAMSAT results can be used: March 2022 and September 2022, March 2023 and September 2023

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Section 2 - do they provide a list of topics you can choose from? Or just one topic
Reply 3
Hey guys,

I’m planning to sit the GAMSAT in March, I have no idea where to start and which resource materials would be helpful in revising for the GAMSAT. Could anyone recommend any books please, but something not insanely expensive. Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by 1narha.
Hey guys,

I’m planning to sit the GAMSAT in March, I have no idea where to start and which resource materials would be helpful in revising for the GAMSAT. Could anyone recommend any books please, but something not insanely expensive. Thanks

Hi! Im studying as well so good luck! I found a lot of materials on gumtree, so if you input gamsat there, u have loads of cheap options with either physical books or pdfs (I use pdfs but they can be a pain!) Generally, I heard abt Des O'Neil (hard to find, but worth it) and ACE the gamsat books!
have you booked it yet? x
Original post by 1narha.
Hey guys,

I've moved your post into the GAMSAT thread where you can get the best advice :smile: the last cycles' threads are linked above as well to get an idea of what people have done previously.
Reply 6
Hi so just to double check, the results for the September 2022 gamsat sitting can be used for the application in October 2022 for entry in 2023? Would we get the results in time? Thanks!
Reply 7
thanks for the quick reply! Do you know if that means acer will automatically submit your highest grade?
Hi guys, so I know that on the gamsat website it states that the exam is online at one of the centres, i was wondering if the essay is still written or on the computer?
Hi guys,
I was wondering if our gamsat for march 2022 is online format at their centres, is section 2 gonna be written or on the computer?
Thanks
Original post by Tokhmehsag
Hi guys,
I was wondering if our gamsat for march 2022 is online format at their centres, is section 2 gonna be written or on the computer?
Thanks

The essay was typed on a computer during the 2020 exam, so I would assume it would be the same this year
Original post by Sindy J
Section 2 - do they provide a list of topics you can choose from? Or just one topic

There is no option to choose. You get a set of quotes for both tasks A and B and you have to pick out theme for both for your essays.
Original post by Tokhmehsag
Hi guys,
Thanks

See the GAMSAT web site - it says it's delivered as a digital test - https://gamsat.acer.org/about-gamsat/structure-and-content

Also see the Information Booklet for 2022 - https://gamsat.acer.org/files/GAMSAT_Info_booklet_2022.pdf

It says, "GAMSAT is offered twice a year, in March and September. GAMSAT which was previously delivered as paper
based test will be delivered as a computer based test, supervised in test venues, from 2020 onwards."
What are some good Gamsat materials for non-science background students? Where should I begin with?
Reply 14
Hi guys, so the March gamsat is from 18-23rd March. Does that mean their is more than 1 sitting and you can pick which day you take the gamsat?
Original post by Uni234
Hi guys, so the March gamsat is from 18-23rd March. Does that mean their is more than 1 sitting and you can pick which day you take the gamsat?

Usually, you give a preference of test centre location and you just get told where and when.

See “ACER will randomly allocate candidates to testing venues by date and time. This is subject to candidate demand and the availability of testing venues at that location.” from https://gamsat.acer.org/register/test-centres

Last September it said it was going to be something like 9-16 September, then about two weeks before you got an email with a time and place.

Good luck!
Reply 16
Hi All!

First off good luck to those applying!

I am sitting my GAMSAT this month but I think I will likely have to resit in September, if I resit in September does anyone know how this will impact my application? I assume medical schools will wait for the November release of grades before considering applications?

Thank you for your help!
You can use September results to apply. They will use the higher of March and September results, once the September results become available in November.
Reply 18
Original post by NatB21
Hi All!

First off good luck to those applying!

I am sitting my GAMSAT this month but I think I will likely have to resit in September, if I resit in September does anyone know how this will impact my application? I assume medical schools will wait for the November release of grades before considering applications?

Thank you for your help!

Why do you think you will be resitting
What are everyones favourite (and least favourite) GAMSAT revision resources?

I tried searching through past discussions, including past years, but couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

Recommendations can be either free or paid, I'm just looking to see which ones people thought were the most useful & worthwhile.

This list of resources I've seen around include:
- Official ACER resources
- Gold standard books
- Des O'Neil books
- GradMed
- Griffiths Gamsat Review
- AceGAMSAT
- A level CGP revision guides
- Khan academy
- Crash course
- Barry's tutoring webinars
- The Guru method