The Student Room Group

In your experince who does better after school popular people or nerds?

Hi, I’m curious to hear from other peoples experiences regarding who does better after school/sixth form etc. The popular people or the athletes or the nerds or any other group you guys know of. Debate if you feel like it thanks!
I am in my 20s so I have some experience. Generally it's neither.

The popular people are now living on benefits with a load of kids in a council house.

The smart kids have gone onto the best universities in the country but are now saddled with debt that they can't ever pay off and are working in industries which don't actually require a degree. Obviously this is a massive generalisation.

Generally the successful people are somewhere in the middle.
Couldn’t have said it better myself, I’ve been quietly predicting that most of the popular crowd will struggle in the future because they do anything but work and for the smart folks they often spend a decade or so in university and find that all those qualifications are more or less worthless in the job market. To be honest I am relatively popular myself but I set my self a schedule and mix in different circles so I suppose I am part of a few cliques myself, thanks for the reply!
The ones with entrepreneurial tendencies
Original post by KingintheNorth31
Couldn’t have said it better myself, I’ve been quietly predicting that most of the popular crowd will struggle in the future because they do anything but work and for the smart folks they often spend a decade or so in university and find that all those qualifications are more or less worthless in the job market. To be honest I am relatively popular myself but I set my self a schedule and mix in different circles so I suppose I am part of a few cliques myself, thanks for the reply!

No problem my dude.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
The ones with entrepreneurial tendencies

Next Elon Musk dropping soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending