The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Chances of getting into Durham

Hi! I did not originally apply to Durham when I sent my application off in October 2022. However, I have now realised that I really should have applied and, while I know it is competitive, I'd love to attend as the English course appeals to me and I've fallen out of love with most of the other courses I have applied and got offers to.
I have enquired to see if any places are left on their course, but was wondering how likely it was for me to get into Durham through clearing, or if there were any other avenues left for me to try to get in, as I know it is extremely competitive?
Thank you!
(edited 11 months ago)
Durham is competitive yes. As for clearing, it really depends on how many spaces there are available on the course, which is something that unfortunately cannot be predicted. You could always take a gap year and reapply the following year if your heart is absolutely set on English at Durham.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Incredibly unlikely for English - I believe it’s their most popular and competitive humanities course and they almost always fill places as it’s usually Oxbridge 2nd choice 🤷🏼*♂️
Reply 3
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Durham is competitive yes. As for clearing, it really depends on how many spaces there are available on the course, which is something that unfortunately cannot be predicted. You could always take a gap year and reapply the following year if your heart is absolutely set on English at Durham.

This is looking like a more likely option for me now, thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by BarnabyK
Incredibly unlikely for English - I believe it’s their most popular and competitive humanities course and they almost always fill places as it’s usually Oxbridge 2nd choice 🤷🏼*♂️

This would make lots of sense 😬 I assume it's a similar story with UCAS Extra then, but thank you :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest