The Student Room Group

Can I get into Brampton or NCS or LAE with these mock grades?Pls help

Hi, my dream is to go to Brampton but my mocks went terrible. I'm a grade 9 student across all my subjects but idk what happened in these mocks. I did terrible. I started getting a few a back, and to say the least it's horrible. What am I gonna do? I always got 8/9s before the mocks and always smashed it in class. I'm very disappointed of my grades. I got 5 in biology and chemistry and 4 in physics, 5 in maths (non calc) , 6 in English lit, 7 in English language, 6 in history, and 7 in maths (calc) so far. I'm doomed, I don't know what happened, I was so stressed, I studied everyday as usual but this is not good. Do you guys think Brampton will take me with these mock grades? Be honest please. 2nd question, if I get all 8/9s and maybe like two 7s in my actual GCSEs, will Brampton take me after?
Reply 1
still depends on what ur predicted grades end up being. if ur teachers know you typically do super well but just flunked these n you talk to them they might still predict you grades high enough anyway. and for school like brampton, i doubt you'll be able to call on the day but tbh its always better to call and ask, if you want make a fake name if they ask or smt so youre not embarrassed
Reply 2
Original post by aizzicle
still depends on what ur predicted grades end up being. if ur teachers know you typically do super well but just flunked these n you talk to them they might still predict you grades high enough anyway. and for school like brampton, i doubt you'll be able to call on the day but tbh its always better to call and ask, if you want make a fake name if they ask or smt so youre not embarrassed

Thank you so much!! I'm in set 1 for everything and all my teachers are super strict and already warned us all to not come and ask for higher predictions as they won't do that. They also said they will only use these December mock grades for our predictions.The only teacher who's not as strict is my English teacher who said he'll consider our bookwork too and previous test scores for our predictions which is good but I'm not looking to do an essay based subject at A-levels but more on the scientific side as I want to be a dentist, and ofc my science teacher is the strictest out of all of them! Just great. I'm done. I can kiss my dreams goodbye 😔
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by crxxk
Thank you so much!! I'm in set 1 for everything and all my teachers are super strict and already warned us all to not come and ask for higher predictions as they won't do that. They also said they will only use these December mock grades for our predictions.The only teacher who's not as strict is my English teacher who said he'll consider our bookwork too and previous test scores for our predictions which is good but I'm not looking to do an essay based subject at A-levels but more on the scientific side as I want to be a dentist, and ofc my science teacher is the strictest out of all of them! Just great. I'm done. I can kiss my dreams goodbye 😔

so crazy that they'll only consider one set of mocks over years of good grades, im so sorry to hear it but also trust me in saying a good sixth form doesnt mean anything compared to the grades you put in. i remember being told in year 11 that many universities often look for students that have good greats, despite the school they went to (so if they went to a **** sixth form but got great grades they'd look better). its great to think about getting into a good sixth form but at the end of the day it's about you and your dedication yk? sixth form is also a place to make friends and just be happy aswell which i think many people forget!

i placed sixth form ranking over where i really wanted to go, and although i think it is important to go to a school which is good academically, you also have to focus on yourself more. like going to this school rather than the one i wanted just meant i felt uncomfortable in my environment and didn't like going to school which meant i struggled to make friends AND my grades fell! whereas i see others going to the school i wanted to go to and because theyre more comfy in their environment, their grades are also improving!
Reply 4
Original post by aizzicle
so crazy that they'll only consider one set of mocks over years of good grades, im so sorry to hear it but also trust me in saying a good sixth form doesnt mean anything compared to the grades you put in. i remember being told in year 11 that many universities often look for students that have good greats, despite the school they went to (so if they went to a **** sixth form but got great grades they'd look better). its great to think about getting into a good sixth form but at the end of the day it's about you and your dedication yk? sixth form is also a place to make friends and just be happy aswell which i think many people forget!

i placed sixth form ranking over where i really wanted to go, and although i think it is important to go to a school which is good academically, you also have to focus on yourself more. like going to this school rather than the one i wanted just meant i felt uncomfortable in my environment and didn't like going to school which meant i struggled to make friends AND my grades fell! whereas i see others going to the school i wanted to go to and because theyre more comfy in their environment, their grades are also improving!

IKRR!! Thank you so much tho for your kind words, gave me hope again 💗

Quick Reply

Latest