The Student Room Group

Aberystwyth Vet School Offer holders 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LizzyBizzyMum

Absolutely fantastic. Two offers in 2 days is amazing. Well done, you so deserve this. Like Euapp says perseverance certainly pays off ❤️ x

Thank you so much!! I feel so much relief and I am very overwhelmed! Thank you for your kind works ❤️
Hey, i also got an offer to study at the Aberystwyth university on friday! I did also get rejected from RVC due to not getting a higher score during the interview. Quick question is everyone still on hold for Bristol ?
Hey everyone! I'm Mostafa - a current student and ambassador for Aberystwyth University.

Congratulations on getting your offers! If you have any questions or anything you'd like to know from a current student, please feel free to ask!
Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Hey everyone! I'm Mostafa - a current student and ambassador for Aberystwyth University.

Congratulations on getting your offers! If you have any questions or anything you'd like to know from a current student, please feel free to ask!
Hey I have a couple of questions:
1- as I’m a graduate I don’t want to live with other people in flats, so how easy is to get a 1 flat ideally furnished flat or a studio ? And how early should I start looking for a place for a September 2024 start.
2- I know that the first 2 years of the vet med course is based in Aber but do we not go to the RCV campus at all during the 2 years.
3- what would you recommend me to start day or read over before I start vet med in September, I took a year out so got plenty of time..
Thank you 🙂
Hey guys, I setup a spot to message for people with Aberystwyth offers. Similar to the groups setup for other uni's (Liverpool, Bristol, etc.) I don't think there's one made yet from what I can tell (sorry if there is already lol!).

DM me if you'd like to join!
Original post by Dave2024
Hey I have a couple of questions:
1- as I’m a graduate I don’t want to live with other people in flats, so how easy is to get a 1 flat ideally furnished flat or a studio ? And how early should I start looking for a place for a September 2024 start.
2- I know that the first 2 years of the vet med course is based in Aber but do we not go to the RCV campus at all during the 2 years.
3- what would you recommend me to start day or read over before I start vet med in September, I took a year out so got plenty of time..
Thank you 🙂

Hey there!

University accommodation offers studios, however they are in high demand. Applications for accommodation open Spring time. You can learn more about the studios here. Information on how to apply for accommodation can be found here. However, if you are wanting somewhere in town, our Students' Union have a lot of resources on how to find accommodation which you can learn more about here. I would recommend that you start looking as soon as possible to ensure you find what you’re looking for.

I’m not entirely sure of the answers for your next 2 questions I’m afraid. I would suggest that you get in touch directly with the School of Veterinary Science on [email protected]. They will be able to give you some great advice and correct answers! In the meantime here’s some other information you might find useful.

Mostafa
Reply 46
Original post by 06parent
Offers haven't come out for this year yet & given the very small cohort you're likely one of very few at the moment with a confirmed offer.
Applicants are expecting to hear from them around Easter.
My daughter received her offer 3 weeks ago.
Reply 47
Original post by Mum1471
My daughter received her offer 3 weeks ago.
Well done to her! Where else did she apply to?
Reply 48
Original post by Euapp
Well done to her! Where else did she apply to?
Thank you. Bristol and RVC, but got rejected from both.
Original post by Mum1471
Congratulations and well done on her Aber offer 🙂 sorry about Bristol and RVC but maybe Aber is meant to be and such a lovely place. Can I ask what date she received the offer and are you Welsh/UK or International?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Mum1471
You only need one offer to become a vet !😊
Reply 51
Original post by JefferyJi
I have created a IOS app for my DD who is currently vet science student in uk to manage EMS placements, rotation and projects and flash cards. Vet student can download from https://apps.apple.com/sg/app/vet-student/id6475808233
Hi,
That seems like a great idea, but could you explain what functions it has over and above being a glorified agenda to make it worth the 22€ price tag. This is NOT a criticism. It may well be worth the investment but for students who are for the most part living on a tight budget they would like to know what it really offers before parting with their money.
My DC is also studying vet med in the UK and manages just fine with a large school agenda.
(edited 1 month ago)
Thank you dear Euapp. The idea was coming from my DD’s requirements. She needed to liaise many EMS placements and for each one there were a lot of correspondence with the farms or clinics. So she needed to write down notes or memos to remind her when to contact the farms/clinics. Also for some placements she needed to remember to book AirBnB for accommodation. This app helps her to manage the placements, write the notes or memos and set the reminders.

In addition, this app will also provides similar functions for rotations and projects.

On flash cards, she is using some app to create flashcard for learning and revision as she needs to memorise a lof of animal vocabularies including anatomy and diseases. But the flashcard app ahe is using only supports simple open ended questions and answers. Sometimes she needs to create questions on anatomy structure which includes image and handwriting, multiple choices questions, etc. so I added this flashcard function into this app. Hopefully this app can help vet students on their study and placement. 😄☺️
Reply 53
Hi, I got an offer for the BVSc course at Aber for Sep 2024 start. I’m a graduate (24yo) and was wondering if there are many other graduates joining this course? Kinda terrifying going back to uni
Original post by dh00
Hi, I got an offer for the BVSc course at Aber for Sep 2024 start. I’m a graduate (24yo) and was wondering if there are many other graduates joining this course? Kinda terrifying going back to uni
Hey there is many of us, you are not alone. We have a group chat if you want to join
Reply 55
Original post by Dave2024
Hey there is many of us, you are not alone. We have a group chat if you want to join
Ahh sound, yeah please!
Original post by dh00
There's lots of graduates coming on this year, if you join the group chat previously mentioned on this thread there's lots of offer holders (postgrads and undergrads) to talk to
Hi!
It took me ages to get my offer last year, I had all other offers from unis a while before aber. My offer came through on the 9th of March so fingers crossed for those who haven't had any response. I know I'm late seeing these replies...super well done to everyone regardless of if you get in or not :smile:
Original post by sincere-guitaris
I had my offer of AAA come through for Vet on Friday and interviewed on 15/12. Very excited to start in September if all well with ALevels
Well done!! Congrats. If all goes well I'll see you in september, good luckk :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending