The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Uni Law offer, should I accept?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hiya everyone, having second thoughts on putting Durham as my first choice for law as I have heard some pretty bad stories about the uni itself and Im thinking id rather go to Lancaster or Glasgow :smile: is the uni really full of ‘oxbridge rejects’ and is student life really as bad as it seems to be described as in some other forums? Im not sure if Durham is right for me, some context I am from south wales and my offer is A*AA and I am not sure if Durham (while I am very grateful for my offer) is the right place for me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks :smile:
Hi Anon,
I know picking the right university is a very difficult personal decision, so maybe start by thinking of why your having second thoughts about durham, and whether these would exist at another university like Lancaster or Glasgow. My best advice would be to visit the different universities on an offer holder day, as these give you the opportunity to visit the Law department to speak to academic, visit the law schools facilities and to meet future course mates. Offer holder days are also good for exploring the wider university and city by taking a look around, looking at accommodation options and speaking to lots of different advisors from careers, and different support services.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hiya everyone, having second thoughts on putting Durham as my first choice for law as I have heard some pretty bad stories about the uni itself and Im thinking id rather go to Lancaster or Glasgow :smile: is the uni really full of ‘oxbridge rejects’ and is student life really as bad as it seems to be described as in some other forums? Im not sure if Durham is right for me, some context I am from south wales and my offer is A*AA and I am not sure if Durham (while I am very grateful for my offer) is the right place for me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks :smile:
Hi Anon,
I know picking the right university is a very difficult personal decision, so maybe start by thinking of why your having second thoughts about durham, and whether these would exist at another university like Lancaster or Glasgow. My best advice would be to visit the different universities on an offer holder day, as these give you the opportunity to visit the Law department to speak to academic, visit the law schools facilities and to meet future course mates. Offer holder days are also good for exploring the wider university and city by taking a look around, looking at accommodation options and speaking to lots of different advisors from careers, and different support services.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Thank you so much!!!
Hello, I'm still waiting on hearing from Durham Law, it feels like it's getting very late and I'm feeling despondent with no news

Quick Reply

Latest