The Student Room Group

Pitman Training

Don't know if this is the right place for this, so sorry if it's not.

Does anyone have any experience training with Pitman?? I like the idea of maybe doing one of their secretarial courses, and wanted to know a bit more about it and how it works. I can't seem to find reviews online for them.
Reply 1
Zebrastripes
Don't know if this is the right place for this, so sorry if it's not.

Does anyone have any experience training with Pitman?? I like the idea of maybe doing one of their secretarial courses, and wanted to know a bit more about it and how it works. I can't seem to find reviews online for them.

Did the medical secretary course...

did you get around to doing it?
Reply 2
bunty64
Did the medical secretary course...

did you get around to doing it?

Wow this is old :p: Yeah I did Business IT with Marketing and PR earlier this year. Medical, man that folder was HUGE! :p:
Reply 3
Zebrastripes
Wow this is old :p: Yeah I did Business IT with Marketing and PR earlier this year. Medical, man that folder was HUGE! :p:

Typed in pitman search box to look for anyone doing the accounting one (gonna start that now; been self teaching for past 3 months)....
The folders which pitman will give me, will no doubt me massive (all the info from those will be in the book I own now!)

Pitman kinda con the students with their "study folders".....

Like with medical secretary course, the main medical terminology course folder was around £650..... All that information and more in that folder can be found in one small book (amazon £16) which is published by the examining board who write the exam for medical secretary course...

as with the courses for word/excel/powerpoint etc.... I got the official microsoft study manual from amazon for £6....
I went along with them as the pitman name gets my cv noticed by all the agencies in london...
Reply 4
bunty64
Typed in pitman search box to look for anyone doing the accounting one (gonna start that now; been self teaching for past 3 months)....
The folders which pitman will give me, will no doubt me massive (all the info from those will be in the book I own now!)

Pitman kinda con the students with their "study folders".....

Like with medical secretary course, the main medical terminology course folder was around £650..... All that information and more in that folder can be found in one small book (amazon £16) which is published by the examining board who write the exam for medical secretary course...

as with the courses for word/excel/powerpoint etc.... I got the official microsoft study manual from amazon for £6....
I went along with them as the pitman name gets my cv noticed by all the agencies in london...

Thats exactly why I did it too, just for the name. Now I'm self-teaching an IT course which costs about £5k at Pitman, but £20 for the book. Although the exams still cost about £250, but that is still a huge difference!
Reply 5
Original post by Zebrastripes

Hi Zebrastripes, how did it go for you after the Business IT with Marketing and PR diploma? I am hesitatting about taking the same courses, if you could go back in time would you do it again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending