The Student Room Group

Should this be included in my ps

Hi
I am in the process of writing my ps and I was wondering if I should mention the fact that my parents influenced me to do medicine. They haven't pressured me or anything like that, but watching them go to work (they are doctors) and meeting them at work played a part in getting me interested in medicine. I was wondering if I should mention this in my ps. Will it put off the unis as they might think that I am trying to cash in on my family background or something (which I am in a way), or will it put accross the message that I have some idea of the kind of pressures doctors have to deal with, from personal experience. Do you guys n gals think I should write it? Any useful comments would be appreciated.

ps: In case you are wondering who this random person is, I am new to this forum ... Hi! to everyone by the way.
I'd say put it in...it shows that you know what you are putting yourself in for and that are aware of all the hard study required.

P.S. Hello! And welcome to :tsr:
Reply 2
Yes, I'd agree, put it in. But be careful how you phrase it. Make sure you concentrate on the insight you've had from your parents work and don't make it sound as if they've pressured you into doing it.

Latest

Trending

Trending