The Student Room Group

Ikea

My bf and I have got a house full of stuff to buy at Ikea on Sunday, so we obviously won't be able to load it all onto a couple of trolleys and take it home in the car. I know they do home delivery for the stuff you can't take home, but do you still have to take the stuff to the checkout?! Also, does anyone know how long the stuff takes to arrive if you've asked for home delivery?

Any help would be much appreciated, rep prize for the first person who can answer both my queries! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

make sure you dont get stabbed
Reply 2
Yea I think you do take the stuff to the checkout unless it's some propa bo order, but a vast majority of their stuffs flatpack so it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

I think the home deliveries take 2 or 3 days.
Reply 3
Nabqueen
Yea I think you do take the stuff to the checkout unless it's some propa bo order, but a vast majority of their stuffs flatpack so it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

I think the home deliveries take 2 or 3 days.

Ok, thanks. :smile: Tempted to neg rep "THe Colonel" for his contribution, but you get the rep because you've been helpful! :p:
Reply 4
yayyyy :smile:
Reply 5
Eeyore
My bf and I have got a house full of stuff to buy at Ikea on Sunday, so we obviously won't be able to load it all onto a couple of trolleys and take it home in the car. I know they do home delivery for the stuff you can't take home, but do you still have to take the stuff to the checkout?! Also, does anyone know how long the stuff takes to arrive if you've asked for home delivery?

Any help would be much appreciated, rep prize for the first person who can answer both my queries! :smile:

im not sure as you cant order via the web, if so, wouldnt this be the easier option?
Reply 6
rainbow_kisses
im not sure as you cant order via the web, if so, wouldnt this be the easier option?

They don't do mail order, no.. otherwise I'd obviously have gone for that! Wouldn't what be the easier option?
Reply 7
Eeyore
They don't do mail order, no.. otherwise I'd obviously have gone for that! Wouldn't what be the easier option?

sorry, i just wondered.

i ment if you could order via the web, it would be easier than having to go to the store to get it.
Reply 8
well if your buying like your whole house worth wouldn't it be much better to see what you're gonna be living on/with anyway
Reply 9
rainbow_kisses
sorry, i just wondered.

i ment if you could order via the web, it would be easier than having to go to the store to get it.

It would indeed, though I doubt their stores would get much custom if web ordering was an option!

I wonder if they deliver on Bank Holiday Mondays.
Reply 10
Nabqueen
well if your buying like your whole house worth wouldn't it be much better to see what you're gonna be living on/with anyway

Yeah, true, some stuff might look great in the pictures but crap in real life! Also, if you go to the store you can check out the bargain corner and the cafe! :cool:
Reply 11
Wooo! Ikea!
Reply 12
o_O !!
Reply 13
mockel
Wooo! Ikea!

:eek: Weebl and Bob's "Pikea" episodes are the ultimate spoof of Ikea imo! :p:
Reply 14
I haven't seen them. Everyone keeps talking about them. Hmm.

*Googles*

No, I'm not really Googling. :'(
Reply 15
mockel
I haven't seen them. Everyone keeps talking about them. Hmm.

*Googles*

No, I'm not really Googling. :'(

pikea
pikea2
pikea3
Reply 16
The stuff we ordered from Ikea took 3 days to arrive, twas brilliant, the ppl there were really helpful :smile:
Reply 17

Thanks baby.

*Watches* Yes, I really am watching this time

Ooh, I've seen some of these- just not the Ikea ones.
Reply 18
LemonLime
The stuff we ordered from Ikea took 3 days to arrive, twas brilliant, the ppl there were really helpful :smile:

Cool! :smile: Presumably you decided which stuff you wanted delivering? How much did it cost?
Reply 19
mockel
Thanks baby.

*Watches* Yes, I really am watching this time

Ooh, I've seen some of these- just not the Ikea ones.

It's brilliant:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending