The Student Room Group

Furnished or Unfurnished Houses

Hello there,

I will be an oversea postgraduate student at the University of Bristol.
I wonder about your ideas about furnished places.
Do you advise rent furnished or unfurnished houses when it comes to overall price?
Which one is more reasonable, whether to rent unfurnished places and decorate them on our preferences or to rent furnished places and spare the decoration money for more qualitative places?

Note: I will be delighted if you share the online platforms for second-hand craft or furnish
Original post by Oguzhanser
Hello there,

I will be an oversea postgraduate student at the University of Bristol.
I wonder about your ideas about furnished places.
Do you advise rent furnished or unfurnished houses when it comes to overall price?
Which one is more reasonable, whether to rent unfurnished places and decorate them on our preferences or to rent furnished places and spare the decoration money for more qualitative places?

Note: I will be delighted if you share the online platforms for second-hand craft or furnish

Hello there,

I would definitely suggest renting out a furnished house, there are plenty onto to go around on the student housing market and you can get them super cheap too if you know where to look. Of course, price depends on location too. Not sure about Bristol housing prices but unfurnished, while giving you that space to make it your own, will end up costing so much more than a standard furnished house that you can decorate as you please.

As for places to get furniture, you’ve got places like IKEA, Amazon, EBay, Dunelm etc. for a wide range of different items from new to used :smile:

Hope this helps,
Dom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending