The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SpoiltRotten
So my Liverpool interview is on Wednesday, can anyone give me some last minute advice please!

Nervous is an understatement :eek3:

stay calm! the interviewers were all really nice and if you dont know the answer to something they help you get to the answer. also, know your wexp, and before you start speaking to them just take a deep breath
:smile:
Original post by Divv
No. Before they give u an offer you must sent them your BMI and if its below threshold then they reject you automatically.

is that a serious question!?

Okkk- a little harsh, of course it's a serious question- some people have naturally low BMIs and so penalising people for that reason would be completely unfair! I was just making sure this wasn't that case, jeez
Original post by jemily-
To be fair, if they ask for your BMI then they must obviously need it for some reason. I guess it's to highlight any eating disorder issues, although if someone had an eating disorder they'd probably not be honest about their weight anyway.
And a BMI is hardly a reliable measure for weight, my BMI is always been in the underweight category, that's because I'm 6 foot tall, which screws it up if you're a girl, and I run/ride a lot.

Thank you for your response! Completely agree jemily- mine has always been lower that 18.5, but didn't want to be penalised because of this!

Original post by EmilaKat
The university is legally not allowed to have you there if you're BMI is lower than 16.5 which is well below the "healthy" lower boundary of 18.5 anyway.
Ahh- thank you! Luckily I'm not below 16.5, so hopefully I should be ok if I do get an offer haha!
Reply 3682
Original post by justkeeptrying
Okkk- a little harsh, of course it's a serious question- some people have naturally low BMIs and so penalising people for that reason would be completely unfair! I was just making sure this wasn't that case, jeez

Thank you for your response! Completely agree jemily- mine has always been lower that 18.5, but didn't want to be penalised because of this!

Ahh- thank you! Luckily I'm not below 16.5, so hopefully I should be ok if I do get an offer haha!

I'm pretty sure that having a BMI below 16.5 is one of the indicators for having an eating disorder, so I would presume that is what they are looking for, so as long as you don't have an eating disorder, I wouldn't worry.
Reply 3683
Daughter just had an offer from Bristol after being on hold following her interview on Dec. 11th. Was updated on Ucas track, but no email from Bristol themselves. We had given up hope, so feel worried it's not real! Has anyone else heard after being on hold for a while?
Yes I have a Bristol offer too! It just came through today on my UCAS, but no email from the uni which is weird. I was put on hold back in January
Reply 3685
Very well done to you! I'll let my daughter know. Thank you for replying. I'm more inclined to believe it now.
When you were 'put on hold' did they email and let you know you were on hold or was it a case that you didn't hear from them after the interview and that means you are automatically on hold? I had an interview ages ago and heard nothing from them.
Ahh. I have an interview at edinb tomorrow too. I am so nervous. But so excited!! :smile:
Got a Bristol offer as well! No email from Bristol here either, just a track update.

Original post by Gogirl1995
When you were 'put on hold' did they email and let you know you were on hold or was it a case that you didn't hear from them after the interview and that means you are automatically on hold? I had an interview ages ago and heard nothing from them.

I would imagine that means you were put on hold. There were two possible outcomes straight after interview. Either you got an offer, or you were put on hold. Since you didn't get an offer it's pretty certain you were put on hold. Good luck!
Thanks... I am really hoping - like everyone.
Original post by Eisle
Daughter just had an offer from Bristol after being on hold following her interview on Dec. 11th. Was updated on Ucas track, but no email from Bristol themselves. We had given up hope, so feel worried it's not real! Has anyone else heard after being on hold for a while?

I'm glad your daughter got an offer in the end! I'll bet that's a weight off your mind, right? :tongue:
Reply 3691
Thank you, yes! We had a bit of a spat not so long back, didn't we?! The relief is enormous. She's been very difficult to live with these past few months...and I say that with affectionate irritation. Maybe in October I can go back to living my own life - got that in before you did! 😀
Reply 3692
Original post by Eisle
Thank you, yes! We had a bit of a spat not so long back, didn't we?! The relief is enormous. She's been very difficult to live with these past few months...and I say that with affectionate irritation. Maybe in October I can go back to living my own life - got that in before you did! ������

I recall the exchange of a few weeks ago.. Am delighted your daughter got her offer. I, and my daughter are hoping to hear from bristol tomorrow. Good luck
Reply 3693
Original post by A-dad
I recall the exchange of a few weeks ago.. Am delighted your daughter got her offer. I, and my daughter are hoping to hear from bristol tomorrow. Good luck

Thank you. The best of luck to you and your daughter over the next few days.
Reply 3694
Has anybody done any dog walking for work experience? I don't know whether It is a good idea or whether there are other things that are better to do.... If so how long have you done it for? Thanks for any replies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I have, I did about an hour most days in the summer holidays. Going to a kennel to help out is probably a better experience but I found that dog walking was really flexible around my other placements and I got paid too. I only did it because I couldn't get any other experience with dogs other than at the vets
Original post by 0802
Has anybody done any dog walking for work experience? I don't know whether It is a good idea or whether there are other things that are better to do.... If so how long have you done it for? Thanks for any replies

Posted from TSR Mobile

I work at a Kennels where I dog walk :-). I help the kennel maids too but im just an extra pair of hands and like said previously it's so flexible! I get paid quite a bit as I'm a "senior dog walker" and keep an eye on the younger staff and walk the difficult dogs :-)! Definitely worth it!
Reply 3697
Original post by ginger-cat-lady
Yes I have, I did about an hour most days in the summer holidays. Going to a kennel to help out is probably a better experience but I found that dog walking was really flexible around my other placements and I got paid too. I only did it because I couldn't get any other experience with dogs other than at the vets

Ah thanks. I might do it for a few weeks then I was just worried that if I did it there might not be anything to talk about if they asked me at any interviews when I reapply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3698
Original post by megananneelliott
I work at a Kennels where I dog walk :-). I help the kennel maids too but im just an extra pair of hands and like said previously it's so flexible! I get paid quite a bit as I'm a "senior dog walker" and keep an eye on the younger staff and walk the difficult dogs :-)! Definitely worth it!

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
Ah thanks. I might do it for a few weeks then I was just worried that if I did it there might not be anything to talk about if they asked me at any interviews when I reapply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you could talk about how you practiced control, training, obedience, managing many dogs together, including those that you do not know that just come over for nosey, dog aggression, worried and fussy owners, responsibility of caring for property of others, etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending