The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rhymenocerous
I nearly missed a GSCE English exam, thinking it was an afternoon paper... the deputy head actually drove to my house and picked me up. Surreal. Still managed an A though :biggrin:

Woah, you was lucky! I bet you felt tense in the car though...
if you miss an exam can't you just bull**** and say you were really ill on the day so therefore they will just take your mock mark into consideration:smile:
Reply 22
Man i would hate the Head to pick me up.
Then all those hundreds of eyes looking at you as your the last one to walk in.
:frown: hehe
Reply 23
Do other schools RING people?

They asked us for our mobile numbers for this very reason.
Kashya
Do other schools RING people?

They asked us for our mobile numbers for this very reason.

Nope, they leave it up to us to have brains... :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Tinkerbee
Nope, they leave it up to us to have brains... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Ive never missed for been late for an exam. Nor do I know anyone else who has been. Its just in case of an emergency.
Reply 26
we still dont know the reason as to why the OP missed his exam
Kashya
:rolleyes:

Ive never missed for been late for an exam. Nor do I know anyone else who has been. Its just in case of an emergency.

Haha, yes I assumed that, but I really don't see how anyone can miss an exam :s-smilie:
just carelessness like they checked the timetable once only and mis-read it
Reply 29
Reply 30
well A and B + U hmm
Dunno looks like a D so far
sam220990
i got the times mixed around, i was convinced that tuesday was in the afternoon and thursday was in the morning, i got there and was like OMFG!
feelin real depressed now. :frown:

re-sitting next year sucks..

i know i can get high marks on thursdays paper, can anyone answer my previous question about whether it is still possible to get a pass grade?

As you've missed Paper 1 this instantly means that you've lost 30% of your overall grade. If you can get an A in Paper 2, and you already have an A and a B in coursework, I'd say you can probably get a C grade. Although, I'm not too sure. I'm sure it would be feasible though.
If you resit in november, u'll probably have to re-do c/w. Im no master though.... dont go by my word...

Any1 got any tips for paper 2 tomorrow though??
Why are you telling us? Ask your school for help or phone up the exam board...
Oh, also I remember unis often say they want a B at a-level english, UNLESS you take it for A-level. Will you be taking english for A-level? As long as it is explained in your reference about you missed the exam, then they will see you are still good at it.
Maybe consider having english as your 4th AS subject if you don't want to resit it...
Reply 35
But won't that look bad to put i missed my exam in the reference?
Just do the resit? Providing your coursework is up to scratch you can re-submit that.
Unless you re-sit, you have a U :frown: Sorry, happened to a friend of mine at GCSE. x
Assuming you'll get full marks on P2 and the maximum mark for the coursework grade boundaries you gave us, this is how your exam scores are looking:

S&L - 48/54
R&W - 84/108
P1 - 0/54
P2 - 54/54
OVERALL MAX - 186/270

Giving you a overall percentage of 67%. The boundary for Grade B is exactly 67% and the Grade C boundary is 58%. So you can still get a C...

* Based on 6/2007 exam

http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-BOUND-JUN07.PDF
Reply 39
Without meaning to sound too negative, I don't think you can pass at all. That's beacuse you've missed out on part of the course, which instantly means a U. It's like if you don't do the coursework, even if it only counts for 10%, you still can't get above a U cos you havn't completed the course. (Though let's hope I'm mistaken).
Sorry

Latest