The Student Room Group

Men With Ponytails, The Ultimate Faux Pas?

I don't really see guys with ponytails that often anymore, usually the ones I do are either goths or foreign people.

Are they the ultimate male fashion faux pas?

It must get annoying keeping it clean.

Don't have anything against them but I think behind every ponytail there's an arse hole.

Discuss?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wanted a ponytail when I had a really warped view on how people would see what I wore etc. They CAN look good on certain people, though.
Reply 2
As long as it's looked after and you've got the face for it, I think they can be quite attractive... but I grew up watching medieval/fantasy films with my Dad, so I have a curious fixation with long-haired guys. :p:
yeah a guy would have to be really facially good looking to put one off..
*TheSweetestDrug*
yeah a guy would have to be really facially good looking to put one off..

even then i still wouldn't like it though!......
some guys suit pony-tails

i personally would never grow my hair long

but you are right, most are goths or foreigners
Erm, no lol

I have long hair. When it's down it's around the small of my back, sometimes tying it up just makes life easier.

What the hell are you basing this "ponytail/********" thing on?

It's like saying all guys with shaved heads are thugs =/

And it's not hard to keep it clean. I wash my body I wash my hair. Simple as
Reply 7
yes! it is. i've seen guys with clear potential. but the fact they had longer hair tan i did, was a right turn off. it kinda shows laziness to me... :s-smilie:
roxy ag
yes! it is. i've seen guys with clear potential. but the fact they had longer hair tan i did, was a right turn off. it kinda shows laziness to me... :s-smilie:

How is having long hair lazy?

You wouldn't call a girl lazy because she has long hair
Reply 9
I associate ponytails with 80's yuppies on the American stock exchange.
I have long enough hair for a ponytail, but i would never wear one in public. I wouldn't say it's the ultimate faux pas though, when compared against mullets or drawn-on felt-tip pen moustaches
I hate it. I don't see them that often though.
Do you know why it's called a pony tail on blokes? Because if you lift it up you'll see an ******** underneath!
Reply 13
male ponytails are hot !! but on some people not so much
You don't see it that often these days. It suits a few people, but the majority just look ridiculous. Especially when they reach a certain age and the hair line begins to recede.
Reply 15
Trouser Snake
I don't really see guys with ponytails that often anymore, usually the ones I do are either goths or foreign people.

Are they the ultimate male fashion faux pas?

It must get annoying keeping it clean.

Don't have anything against them but I think behind every ponytail there's an arse hole.

Discuss?

wow, you've made like 7 threads in the last 2 hours, all on pretty similar subject matters :eek:

Just say no. :woo:
I would never date a guy with a ponytail because personally he would be way too vain for my liking, i mean why else would he have a ponytail?
Reply 18
I don't mind them, they look good on some guys.
Reply 19
Long Haired Teen
How is having long hair lazy?

You wouldn't call a girl lazy because she has long hair

but how often do see a guy with a ponytail in comparison to shorter hair?

also, its just because guys i knew who went through their grunge phase, just said 'they couldn't be bothered to cut it'... 3 of them soon conformed, cut it off, and their faces look SO much better.

Quick Reply

Latest