The Student Room Group

Which Nursing course should I do

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone could help me with this. I’ve got my results and was offered a place for adult nursing at the university of Southampton (originally applied for physio but actually excited by the prospect of nursing as I was having doubts) but I was wondering if applying through clearing for the adult and child nursing course.
Any advice would be appreciated, I’ve wanted to work in paeds for a long time but don’t want to do only child nursing as the prospects aren’t as good and I want a broad range of knowledge.
Nursing, as a career, is pretty tough. It's hard to advise you one way or the other, but please do make sure that any course that you start is one that you are genuinely enthusiastic about and would like to do - don't rush into something just because it's available, but also don't stick with what you have just because you have an offer. Once again - Nursing is hard enough as it is, so don't do a course you're not sure about, is my advice. Ultimately, though, this is something you're going to have to think about a lot today!
Reply 2
Original post by DoctorJorts
Nursing, as a career, is pretty tough. It's hard to advise you one way or the other, but please do make sure that any course that you start is one that you are genuinely enthusiastic about and would like to do - don't rush into something just because it's available, but also don't stick with what you have just because you have an offer. Once again - Nursing is hard enough as it is, so don't do a course you're not sure about, is my advice. Ultimately, though, this is something you're going to have to think about a lot today!

Yeah. I was already really getting into nursing before the offer so I didn’t feel that terrible when I didn’t get the physio offer which is when I think I realised I had been wanting nursing way more than I thought. The only benefit to the MNurs would be I would have the option for child or adult and I’ve always wanted to work in paeds but want experience in both so that was why I was considering it. Thank you so much for your advice I will be thinking hard about this and I’ve already spent basically the entire morning thinking about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending