The Student Room Group

Online Gambling

Hi,

I don't mind a bit of online poker. I'm actually reasonably good at it, but I tend to gain money, get carried away and loose it all (Normally on the side "Tables" against the house such as blackjack/roulette which are clearly, blaitantly rigged)

All together I've lost about £600.

Meh.

Anyone else gamble a online? How's it been for you? Lost or gained? If you've lost, has it been worth it (I quite enjoy playing poker, and it's not the same if it's not real money at stake).
Reply 1
I know so many people who discovered online poker only to then end up losing hundreds after a few weeks. They all happened to win a bit initially then lost it and more - maybe it's part of the 'sting'. I lost £400 on football betting in a few weeks. So I gave it up.

Gambling is a ******* ruthless industry, best avoid it if you can;t keep to moderate 'fun' fiver on the national sort of thing. You hear famous people getting death threats over their gambling debts - that's the murky world of betting for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Webernets
Hi,

I don't mind a bit of online poker. I'm actually reasonably good at it, but I tend to gain money, get carried away and loose it all (Normally on the side "Tables" against the house such as blackjack/roulette which are clearly, blaitantly rigged)

All together I've lost about £600.

Meh.

Anyone else gamble a online? How's it been for you? Lost or gained? If you've lost, has it been worth it (I quite enjoy playing poker, and it's not the same if it's not real money at stake).

I have the same problem as you. I have been playing online poker since the last 6 months and I have lost about 300 quid and won £150 which means that I have made an overall loss of £150. Yeah I think most of the roulettes are rigged. The most I have won is like £20 on the roulette. To be honest, I just enjoy the rush you get from gambling.
Reply 3
Original post by Fusion
I know so many people who discovered online poker only to then end up losing hundreds after a few weeks. They all happened to win a bit initially then lost it and more - maybe it's part of the 'sting'. I lost £400 on football betting in a few weeks. So I gave it up.

Gambling is a ******* ruthless industry, best avoid it if you can;t keep to moderate 'fun' fiver on the national sort of thing. You hear famous people getting death threats over their gambling debts - that's the murky world of betting for you.

Poker's a bit different though, and I have no debts, all the money is pre-paid and I can withdraw any amount too.
Reply 4
Im playing poker now, some **** just rivered my QQ with K10 tho :angry:

I won £2000 in a MTT a few months back but since then I've just been pretty much breaking even, bowt £100 up but thats mainly through bonuses. Other than poker I try to keep away from gambling as I just lose, but I am giving that matched betting a go, signed up last night but the stupid snow has cancelled all my matches :angry:
Reply 5
Also, how can you trust these computer programmed poker sites and all that. Its bonkers.
I hate poker with a passion. On Skybet today I was chip leader, called an all-in with A9 suited and was up against J4 unsuited, but he hits the 4. Find AA next hand and push all-in, hoping someone will think I'm just angry and call me. JJ calls me, and he hits the J, and I finish one place outside the money for about the 10th tournament in a row. Horrible game.

But yeah, I've been gambling obsessively online for a week, and I'm about evens. Biggest winners have been sports bets, roulette's about even, and losing with poker.
Reply 7
Original post by Fusion
Also, how can you trust these computer programmed poker sites and all that. Its bonkers.

It's not, I use William Hill, there aren't any bots I've seen all my loses have been bad judgement of my own doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending