The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Onyx.

Original post by Onyx.
Yeah you have a point. My interpretation of the situation is that she does have some control over her power; she thinks of someone (or wants to be with them as you suggested) and she teleports to them.

I don't think everyone has what can be categorised as a 'super power'. However, most of the people we have come across in the series have been affected by the storm. I think it means certain aspects of peoples personalities have been enhanced. See Tony--the first probation worker (maybe he had a tendency to be violent sometimes and so the storm enhanced this trait), or Jessica's Dad (over protectiveness of his daughter, which made him see red), or Bruno (a gorilla who wanted to be human with a sincere nature) and there is the GTA guy who could have been obsessed with video games to the point that it was taking over his life and than after the storm--it actually did.

Then we have our misfits who have super powers which also follow the trend of reflecting their personalities :o:

/over analysis

Definitely everyone can't have a traditional super power, though I'm concerned as to what kind of personality Mr. Lactokinesis will have? Lactophiliac? :dontknow:
Perhaps it's not just lactokinesis? But just the ability to excite liquids or something? :dontknow:
Original post by spacepirate-James
Perhaps it's not just lactokinesis? But just the ability to excite liquids or something? :dontknow:

Maybe he has cafekinesis, but can only use it on milk so far.
Original post by History-Student

Maybe he has cafekinesis, but can only use it on milk so far.

Oh that made me laugh so much :rofl:

Can just imagine him making a full english breakfast explode... :lol:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Oh that made me laugh so much :rofl:

Can just imagine him making a full english breakfast explode... :lol:

Or turn the beans into an extra sausage when you get a picky customer :cool:

Or turn the beans into an extra sausage when you get a picky customer :cool:

I do love sausages and food in general! Hmm maybe that would be my superpower, ability to make food appear at random whenever I wanted...
Reply 446
Definitely everyone can't have a traditional super power, though I'm concerned as to what kind of personality Mr. Lactokinesis will have? Lactophiliac? :dontknow:

Yeah and that's what makes it different from like say, Heroes or other traditional super hero films/shows :smile:

Lactophilliac, lol :teehee:

In the preview for the next episode, he said that he called his power 'lactokinesis'.
Original post by Onyx.

In the preview for the next episode, he said that he called his power 'lactokinesis'.

There are tonnes of examples of people not realising the full potential of their power right away. He did it on milk, maybe he thinks it only works on milk. Then one day some chav will insult him and he'll make their can of stella explode in their face :biggrin:
Original post by Onyx.

Original post by Onyx.
Yeah and that's what makes it different from like say, Heroes or other traditional super hero films/shows :smile:

Lactophilliac, lol :teehee:

I'm a bit of a lactophobic...haven't had any milk since coming to uni...
Reply 449
There are tonnes of examples of people not realising the full potential of their power right away. He did it on milk, maybe he thinks it only works on milk. Then one day some chav will insult him and he'll make their can of stella explode in their face :biggrin:

Lol true but then I'm thinking he's had a log time to figured out if he can move more than just milk :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 450
I'm a bit of a lactophobic...haven't had any milk since coming to uni...

Lol. I'm a bit of a lactophobe too--I was the only kid in the class who sat with a carton of juice whilst the other kids had milk :emo: .. I don't know why but I keep thinking of the word lactophilic and picturing lacto guy getting completely turned on at the sight of milk, so it just made me lol... Or would that make him a lactophile?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 451
Does anyone like Kelly more than Nathan or it's just me? Because it seems that everyone's favourite character is Nathan.
Original post by MJay91
Does anyone like Kelly more than Nathan or it's just me?

Nathan's humour is what makes the show so good and at times, relieves the tension. I prefer Nathan over Kelly.

Because it seems that everyone's favourite character is Nathan.

Or, more recently, Simon. :wink:
Original post by Onyx.

Original post by Onyx.
Lol. I'm a bit of a lactophobe too--I was the only kid in the class who sat with a carton of juice whilst the other kids had milk :emo: .. I don't know why but I keep thinking of the word lactophilic and picturing lacto guy getting completely turned on at the sight of milk, so it just made me lol... Or would that make him a lactophile?

Hmm no idea! But I do imagine lactokinesis guy getting turned on by milk...white stuff flying everywhere... :sexface:

Original post by MJay91
Does anyone like Kelly more than Nathan or it's just me? Because it seems that everyone's favourite character is Nathan.

I love Nathan most for his humour. I just find it absolutely side-splittingly hilarious! While I do like Kelly, I actually think out the girls I prefer Alisha because I think she's grown over this series. Plus my friend went to school with the actress who played Kelly and apparently she was a right bullying chav :ninja:
Original post by MJay91

i find kelly's accent the most hilarious thing, and just the blunt things she says. almost as funny as nathan. :colondollar:
Reply 455
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Nathan's humour is what makes the show so good and at times, relieves the tension. I prefer Nathan over Kelly.

Or, more recently, Simon. :wink:

haha i am such a typical hipster teenager, but i find it SO annoying that everyone fancies simon now
he was still beauuutiful in the first series (albeit a massive freak) :biggrin:
obviously though i can see that his sex appeal has increased...massively. ahem.

i do love nathan :biggrin: i think i would want to punch him in real life though
i find kelly's accent the most hilarious thing, and just the blunt things she says. almost as funny as nathan. :colondollar:

I know, I think if she got more lines she'd be as funny as Nathan. Although she is very good at hilarious facial expressions as well.
Original post by MJay91

Kelly can be hilarious at times, but Nathan gets all the good lines. I liked her in episode 4, the wedding dress scenes with that crazy game guy :biggrin:
Reply 458
Original post by Antifazian
Kelly can be hilarious at times, but Nathan gets all the good lines. I liked her in episode 4, the wedding dress scenes with that crazy game guy :biggrin:

That was a great episode!

Simon is my fav character. How everyone ignores him, then when they're in some tight ****, everyone looks to him for some idea/cunning plan

Quick Reply

Latest