The Student Room Group

Take an adventure with Hazelly!

:ciao: Hi and Welcome! :ciao:

This blog was first made as I was due surgery to correct a tracheo-oesophageal fistula (TOF) which was diagnosed a month before the first COVID-19 lockdown in the UK.

The plan for this blog was to just keep track of my days before surgery and hopefully get to know some new people on TSR it will also gave me something to focus on which certainly helped! BUT my goal now is to document my adventures through college, applying to university maybe, my health, and any adventures I get to do covid-safely!

About me:

I’m a second-year student nurse at uni :thumbsup:

I was born with a rare syndrome called VACTERL, affecting my spine, GI tract, trachea, oesophagus, kidneys, and my bladder :shakecane:

I live with a colostomy and I’m determined to not make this stop me from graduating as a paediatric nurse :nurse:and to also advocate for those with stomas and chronic conditions :h:

Goals:

Start some societies in year 2!! Maybe even swimming :tongue:

Read 70 books for the year

Continue to focus on mental health and wellbeing :yep:

And to stay active on TSR!! :smile:

I hope you enjoy this blog and thank you to anyone who stays around!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Best of luck for the surgery! Sounds pretty complicated, so I hope it goes well. Could I be added to the tag list too?
Original post by DrawTheLine
Best of luck for the surgery! Sounds pretty complicated, so I hope it goes well. Could I be added to the tag list too?

Thank you! I don’t know too much about the actual surgery either as the surgeon spoke to my parents when I got diagnosed as I had an general anaesthetic for an endoscopy. So I’m waiting on another phone call next week to find out keep about it :eek:

And of course, I’ll add you now :biggrin:
Posting to subscribe. Thinking of you and here to support if/as needed :smile:

PS. Giraffes are the best! I have a cuddly toy giraffe that I sleep with every night :h:
best of luck w the surgery:hugs: keep me tagged :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Posting to subscribe. Thinking of you and here to support if/as needed :smile:

PS. Giraffes are the best! I have a cuddly toy giraffe that I sleep with every night :h:

Thank you. Aww cute, I agree! I have a bunny that I keep with me and I take to surgeries/admissions, had it since birth :biggrin:

Original post by absolutelysprout
best of luck w the surgery:hugs: keep me tagged :biggrin:

Thanks, will do :smile:
Reply 6
Keep safe OP!
Reply 7
:hugs: I hope it goes well. Stay safe please.
i hope it goes well!!

i also have to go in for surgery for a congenital disorder very soon. it's one of the worst feelings in the world. i truly understand your pain
Reply 9
hope it all goes well. Nice to see that its going ahead and i bet your quite pleased about that.
Hi hope the OP is successful 🙌 for now just try and relax as much as possible! I just read ur blog to me your a hero inside out! I can’t imagine how it’d feel like going through this! We’re all here for you! 🥰🥰 @Hazelly
(edited 3 years ago)
Good luck! Hope all goes well :hugs:
Sounds interesting, good luck! Tag me for updates x
Original post by FRS500
Keep safe OP!

Original post by Pathway
:hugs: I hope it goes well. Stay safe please.

Original post by furryface12
Good luck! Hope all goes well :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous778
Sounds interesting, good luck! Tag me for updates x

Thank you for the kind messages it means a lot, I hope you're all doing okay. @Anonymous778
will do :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by halsx11
Hi hope the OP is successful 🙌 for now just try and relax as much as possible! I just read ur blog to me your a hero inside out! I can’t imagine how it’d feel like going through this! We’re all here for you! 🥰🥰 @Hazelly

That's the plan for relaxing! I'm starting out on some new Netflix programs to pass the time as it feels like each hour is dreading now. Thank you so much for reading my other blog and this message was so nice to read. Massive thank you :hugs:

Original post by danc1456
hope it all goes well. Nice to see that its going ahead and i bet your quite pleased about that.

Very pleased, I've been waiting so long for this surgery and my choking episodes have gotten worse, I feel like the next two weeks will feel like forever!

Original post by certirinc
i hope it goes well!!

i also have to go in for surgery for a congenital disorder very soon. it's one of the worst feelings in the world. i truly understand your pain

Thanks :h:, I hope your surgery goes well. I definitely agree with you, the thought of surgery is quite scary. I'm always here if you'd like someone to chat about your upcoming surgery? PM is always open :smile:
Good luck! :undefined:hugs you've got this :h:
What genre of books would you say you're interested in? :tongue: (YA/fantasy/action/etc?)
Original post by Chronoscope
Good luck! :undefined:hugs
you've got this :h:
What genre of books would you say you're interested in? :tongue: (YA/fantasy/action/etc?)
Thank you :hugs:

I quite like medical and action books :biggrin: Though I'm happy to try a new genre!
Original post by Hazelly
Thank you :hugs:

I quite like medical and action books :biggrin: Though I'm happy to try a new genre!

Ooh very nice :awesome: idk about medical books but
would definitely recommend The Hunger Games and the Percy Jackson series if you haven't already read them :smile: (Percy Jackson I would say is definitely more lighthearted compared to Hunger Games though :yep: )
@babyshark They like to answer these questions.
Reply 19
@Hazelly can i get to know you?:muse: :king1:

that's awesome you have your surgery scheduled - i know it's going to go amazing! really want to see your paint by numbers of a giraffe, i'm so not kidding i used to love that stuff :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest