The Student Room Group

Motions of projectiles help- ocr m2 jan 07

Hi, I'm really stuck on the last part of the OCR M2 paper, Jan 07 on projectiles. I just have no idea where to begin.

Just to paraphrase: a missile is projected with speed 42m/s at 30 degrees to horizontal.
First part was calculate max height, which I got to be 22.5.
Second part is calculate the distance of the missile from the point of projection at the instance when it is moving downwards at an angle of 10 degrees to the horizontal.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by blap
Hi, I'm really stuck on the last part of the OCR M2 paper, Jan 07 on projectiles. I just have no idea where to begin.

Just to paraphrase: a missile is projected with speed 42m/s at 30 degrees to horizontal.
First part was calculate max height, which I got to be 22.5.
Second part is calculate the distance of the missile from the point of projection at the instance when it is moving downwards at an angle of 10 degrees to the horizontal.

Thanks

You know the horizontal component of speed, as it is constant throughout, and you know an angle. With that work out vertical velocity at given time. Use this in v^2=u^2 +2as.
Haven't got time atm but I want to try this later so posting this so I watch this thread :h:

Quick Reply

Latest