The Student Room Group

Official Dissertation Thread - 2010-11

Scroll to see replies

i'm starting mine this semester and safe to say i am not looking forward to it. i feel like i should be doing reading now but i have exams to revise for which i think should be done first. maybe this is what i should have been doing last semester. hello anyway :smile:
I am doing my dissertation based on Accountancy... I need help with the data's though... How and what sites are people using to get the data for methodology?
Cheers
Busy working [or procrastinating from] my dissertation presentation. Worth 25% of my overall mark - YUK. I'm meant to be doing an overall review of my dissertation, so structure, themes and arguments etc, but it can only last 10minutes. I'm at about 15minutes and I'm only on the intorduction! Haha. I've got far too much to say...
Reply 143
Hey!
I am a final year marketing student at The University of Gloucestershire. If you're 16-25, please help my dissertation by answering my short questionnaire on social media and complaining behaviour! It should only take a maximum of 2 minutes and will really help my research. Many thanks!
http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=HBIEKG_1b8238ea
Original post by keri1988
Hey!
I am a final year marketing student at The University of Gloucestershire. If you're 16-25, please help my dissertation by answering my short questionnaire on social media and complaining behaviour! It should only take a maximum of 2 minutes and will really help my research. Many thanks!

Done! Good luck with it. :biggrin:
Feedback on my first chapter on Wednesday...oh lord I'm nervous. eeek!

All my theory sounds terrible. Anyone tackled Henri Lefebvre's "The Production of Space" before? Blah. :ashamed2:
Reply 146
we got marks on our first draft chapter....and i''m very please with my mark now we got to go and get our feedback from our supervisor *bb hides face* ....
How long should the introduction be roughly? I'm doing not doing a masters dissertation, it's a BA one, and my total word count is 10,000.
Reply 148
Original post by Fjarskafinn
Done! Good luck with it. :biggrin:

Thank you!!
I've finally finished my first transcript of part of Question Time and am finally feeling like my dissertation is really progressing now. Need to start the transcript of Anne Will next and I'm hoping to get it done in the next 2 weeks. They're so time consuming though because you have to transcribe everything including things like audience applause, coughing, speed of speech etc so that it all reads back like on the programme and everything counts to the total word count. I think half of my dissertation is gonna be made up of the transcripts and just hope there's enough room for a decent analysis.
Original post by keri1988
Hey!

Whoop Uni of Glos (went there :teeth:). Done quiz, good luck :smile:
Wondering.. what happens if we dont hand in our first draft on time??
Reply 152
Have just started the first draft of my research degree (PhD) dissertation chapter. It's gonna need re-working I'm sure =P
(edited 12 years ago)
I got told last week that my transcripts actually go in my appendix so I was a bit peed off. Have finished them finally though and I'm starting to look at the analysis today. I've got a pretty good idea of the structure and content of the whole thing now.
consequences of not submitting dissertation?? draft version??

Draft's are usually meant for the supervisors right?

Do you get marked down if u dont submit your draft?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by yashradia
consequences of not submitting dissertation?? draft version??

Draft's are usually meant for the supervisors right?

Do you get marked down if u dont submit your draft?

Ask your supervisor. It's very likely that the rules/requirements will differ between universities and departments, so an answer that somebody gives on TSR in response to your question may be wrong.
i still haven't started mine...
Original post by miranda13
i still haven't started mine...

Same! lol

when is yours in?
Original post by Bongboy6969
Same! lol

when is yours in?

i actually don't know (i have looked/asked but am not getting much info) seriously hoping for after easter. likely? most of my friends who did theirs in first semester had them in after christmas

you?

i did actually attempt a bibliography of useful books today...didn't get too far. i have no idea what i'm doing
Finally saw my tutor - I've been avoiding him for months. He said the chapter I've written is "good". That was essentially all. He told me to use a table for a set of data and to alter a couple of footnotes. I don't know whether that is a good thing - that he couldn't think of anything else to say...

I've set aside tomorrow/Sunday/Monday to get at least one more chapter written [which should take me up to half way] but I am hoping to maybe get two chapters written. Will just have to see how it goes. :smile:

I feel like I have no idea what is going on but I don't really care. I just want it to be over. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending