The Student Room Group

What does this mean for my unit mark?

Although I have not yet been notified of my dissertation mark and been given a grade by the university due to the marking and assessment boycott, on blackboard under the dissertation section, I can see a grade which next to it says "Mark exempted for this user". What does this mean? And what might it mean for my grade/unit? I was quite unhappy and surprised when I saw this grade since I have been relatively consistent grade-wise, but this mark was particularly low.
Original post by Tatetuckett
Although I have not yet been notified of my dissertation mark and been given a grade by the university due to the marking and assessment boycott, on blackboard under the dissertation section, I can see a grade which next to it says "Mark exempted for this user". What does this mean? And what might it mean for my grade/unit? I was quite unhappy and surprised when I saw this grade since I have been relatively consistent grade-wise, but this mark was particularly low.

Hello! It seems that "Mark exempted" likely means your grade hasn't been officially assigned yet, possibly due to the marking and assessment boycott. It's best to contact your university for clarification on what this means for your grade/unit. If you have any academic concerns or need assistance, feel free to reach out for support.
DM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending