The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's a balancing act for Amir and his family. His dad plays a big role because he's trying to look out for his kid considering sports groups and managers taking advantage. But I don't like the idea of him personally playing a role in negotiating for fights, paying money to trainers etc, he should leave that to someone else e.g. Asif Vali but it appears the latter is not squeaky clean either. Don't think we'll find out what has happened but it seems weird to me that Khan splits from the guy who's been instrumental in his success over some training issue. It can only be money and maybe terms were changed etc.
Reply 3242
That's what happens when you get family involved with your business.

Shah khan and Asif Vali are dicks, the guys a grown man let him handle he's own ****. They're a bunch of inglorious bastards if they don't see how ariza has helped in transforming the kid.
To be honest, it is a bit hard to truly find out what is going on.

I don't really like Ariza just because of the way he talks about Amir's Dad and calls him a taxi driver as if that automatically makes him a moron.
Reply 3244
So apparently Khans side is that Roach stopped handling Ariza's contract and said he had to sort it out with Khan's team. Apparently he went direct to Amir on the night of the weigh-in of the Maidana bout and wanted the signature there and then. Hassling a fighter before the biggest match of his life, I wouldn't put it past Ariza.
Anyone got Fight Night Champion Demo? It's so fluid, great boxing game, bit pissed with the roster on the official game - no Mayweather, Khan, or P.Williams :/
Original post by HumanNature1992

Anyone got Fight Night Champion Demo? It's so fluid, great boxing game, bit pissed with the roster on the official game - no Mayweather, Khan, or P.Williams :/

Yeah i got it. It's much improved although i think the sound effects could be a bit better but hey. Also, yeah that's what i noticed too. In the welterwight divison they got:

Sugar Ray Leonard
Manny Pacquiao
Roberto Duran
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Oscar De La Hoya
Ricky Hatton
Zab Judah
Emanuel Augustus
Julio Cesar Chavez
Kendall Holt
Shane Mosley
Victor Ortiz
and even tim bradley

but no Amir khan? what the hell?
Original post by thedepressedchild
Yeah i got it. It's much improved although i think the sound effects could be a bit better but hey. Also, yeah that's what i noticed too. In the welterwight divison they got:

Sugar Ray Leonard
Manny Pacquiao
Roberto Duran
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Oscar De La Hoya
Ricky Hatton
Zab Judah
Emanuel Augustus
Julio Cesar Chavez
Kendall Holt
Shane Mosley
Victor Ortiz
and even tim bradley

but no Amir khan? what the hell?

Init or Paul williams. Would also love the Prince to finally be immortalised in a game.

Looking at that list just proves how strong the Welterweight division is - in my mind as of now bigger than heavyweight.

You got it on PS3?

EDIT: Saw your sig, ok if I add you?
(edited 13 years ago)

Init or Paul williams. Would also love the Prince to finally be immortalised in a game.

Looking at that list just proves how strong the Welterweight division is - in my mind as of now bigger than heavyweight.

You got it on PS3?

EDIT: Saw your sig, ok if I add you?

Too true bro.

Yeah go for it, i will be on soon for some more bitch-slapping on FNC.
Despite the hagglings, Amir Khan's fighting Paul McCloskey on April 16th at the MEN. All that faffing around for nothing eh. I'll be watching developments to see how Khan does post Ariza, that's the only thing interesting about the fight as I expect Khan to win.

Fight Night Champion - Yeah no Khan and a few others but how long has it been since FNR4 came out? 2009?
Original post by Aky786UK
Despite the hagglings, Amir Khan's fighting Paul McCloskey on April 16th at the MEN. All that faffing around for nothing eh. I'll be watching developments to see how Khan does post Ariza, that's the only thing interesting about the fight as I expect Khan to win.

Fight Night Champion - Yeah no Khan and a few others but how long has it been since FNR4 came out? 2009?

Yeah 2009. FNC is so much fun - they've got the gameplay down, also fighters feel specific like Ali has his flicker jab, tyson with is crazy haymakers etc..

No Khan or Mayweather, like seriously no Mayweather? he's one of the most prominent fighters right now - must be something to do with acquiring his rights. Glad Haye and Lewis are in it, repping for the UK.
Can someone help me settle this.

is it easier to punch up or down?

I'd have thought there was less resistance when punching down therefore "easier"...can anyone shed some light on this, or is there no definitive answer?

Yeah 2009. FNC is so much fun - they've got the gameplay down, also fighters feel specific like Ali has his flicker jab, tyson with is crazy haymakers etc..

No Khan or Mayweather, like seriously no Mayweather? he's one of the most prominent fighters right now - must be something to do with acquiring his rights. Glad Haye and Lewis are in it, repping for the UK.

LOL tysons haymaker is mental man. when i first played him i was like wtf that punch is crazy loool.
Original post by thedepressedchild
LOL tysons haymaker is mental man. when i first played him i was like wtf that punch is crazy loool.

LOL init its like SWOOOOOOOSH!

Allow coping out of the rematch :frown:..Also allow Ali vs Ali LMAO!

Welterweight next! be on a bit later!

LOL init its like SWOOOOOOOSH!

Allow coping out of the rematch :frown:..Also allow Ali vs Ali LMAO!

Welterweight next! be on a bit later!

loooooool yeah i knw but had to go bed init, got some mad coursework to do for tmrw.

But yeah lol Ali vs Ali for the win haha. pacquio vs pacquio next!! lol

yeah yeah defo. in a bit. safe
I'm just interested in boxers heights for their weight divisions, i checked wiki and it says prince nas was 5,3 wtf, isnt that too short for featherweight?

He didnt look 5,3 anyways....
Can someone help me settle this.

is it easier to punch up or down?

I'd have thought there was less resistance when punching down therefore "easier"...can anyone shed some light on this, or is there no definitive answer?

It's easier to punch downwards. You're able to put more weight into it. Punching upwards is a lot harder - you have to contend with gravity and height so you can't properly put your body in it.
Khan/Ariza press conference took place today with surprisingly, Ricky Hatton sat the main table and from what it seems "promoting" the fight. I don't get how he's involved. Matchroom Sports represent McCloskey, Khan has Golden Boy behind him so where does Hatton fit in? Is it because he's from Manchester that he's on board to push the fight and receive a cheque for it? Doesn't make sense.
Can't wait for the Khan/McCloskey fight. I think McCloskey has a decent chance. Much better than the odds that are being given for him.
Reply 3259
Original post by DorianGrayism
Can't wait for the Khan/McCloskey fight. I think McCloskey has a decent chance. Much better than the odds that are being given for him.

I really don't see it happening, just wanna get this fight over with so he can go toe to toe with Bradley!

Latest