The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liam123
One of the few shows where the characters are believable and I actually care about them. I love kelly; many a time has she had me in stitches! Nathan is fair funny as well :L

Always glad to see another Misfits lover :smile:
Reply 2741
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Always glad to see another Misfits lover :smile:

I'm ashamed to say I haven't been watching from the start. I stumbled across it the other week there on tv choice on demand with Virgin. Sat up till half six in the morning watching the entire first season. It got to about four and I made the decision to continue on with misfits and sacrafice a day at uni :P
Original post by Liam123
I'm ashamed to say I haven't been watching from the start. I stumbled across it the other week there on tv choice on demand with Virgin. Sat up till half six in the morning watching the entire first season. It got to about four and I made the decision to continue on with misfits and sacrafice a day at uni :P

Best decision of your life?

And it's okay, I introduced it to a friend when I went to stay at hers the day after the start of season 2 and we had a few hours to kill before pre-drinks and I suggested we watched the episode on 4od, she'd never seen it before but loved it so much that within a week she had watched all of season 1 so she could continue with season 2!
Reply 2743
Best decision of your life?

And it's okay, I introduced it to a friend when I went to stay at hers the day after the start of season 2 and we had a few hours to kill before pre-drinks and I suggested we watched the episode on 4od, she'd never seen it before but loved it so much that within a week she had watched all of season 1 so she could continue with season 2!

It is addictive. I think it's got something to do with the community service thing, as someone mentioned earlier. It's all so random, yet it works!
The actress who plays Kelly lives in the same city as me, and goes to the same local. Never met her though. Apparently her voice isn't put on...

And no, my accent isn't anything like hers :smile:
Original post by Liam123
It is addictive. I think it's got something to do with the community service thing, as someone mentioned earlier. It's all so random, yet it works!

It's a great set of people (all pretty unknown), no-one is amazingly stunning (they've been picked for their acting not their looks), the script is incredibly witty (what I would give to get work experience with the screenplay writers!), and it's not overdone (even with the storm and super powers and murders it's still believable!)

I'm glad that they've promised that they're never going to explain why they got super powers from the storm, I think if they tried it would just seem to put on and complex, whereas now the willing suspension of disbelief works perfectly.

Original post by Racheld25
The actress who plays Kelly lives in the same city as me, and goes to the same local. Never met her though. Apparently her voice isn't put on...

And no, my accent isn't anything like hers :smile:

Yeah one of my friends went to same school as her. Apparently her personality isn't fully put on either...
Just had a little cry over the episode with Jamie (Nathan's bro)

I think that's my fav episode in all of misfits...
Reply 2747
Just had a little cry over the episode with Jamie (Nathan's bro)

I think that's my fav episode in all of misfits...

:console: :lovehug:

Thought I should make an appearance here
Original post by hobo06
:console: :lovehug:

Thought I should make an appearance here

:lovie:

Always nice to see you here :smile:

It was only the bit where Nathan and his dad finally made up, then we saw Jamie walking away with the girl which made me have a little weep :frown: it's the one bad thing about being able to cry on demand, my eyes are so used to crying that I cry at everything!
Reply 2749
This thread is still alive! How is everyone? :smile:
Original post by MJay91
This thread is still alive! How is everyone? :smile:

I'm goooood thanks =D how are you?! Been having any little misfits watching sessions recently? (Now it's all on 4OD it's just toooo easy to watch...I'm seriously having to limit myself so I don't watch them all too fast!
Personally, I can't wait for Season 3 to hit. Been loving Misfits for ages now, I pray to the Channel 4 Gods that they don't **** it up!
Original post by G8D
Nathan is in the new ITV show right? So's that hot Nikki girl (I think).

Which new tv show?
Reply 2753
I'm goooood thanks =D how are you?! Been having any little misfits watching sessions recently? (Now it's all on 4OD it's just toooo easy to watch...I'm seriously having to limit myself so I don't watch them all too fast!

I'm doing great! Thanks. I had these Misfits watching sessions a few months back. :biggrin: Does any of you watch Friday Night Dinner? It's totally different from Misfits, but it's quite enjoyable! And it's so hard to limit oneself for watching too many episodes of Misfits a day. It's like having a pack of crisps infront of you. You just can't limit yourself for a few.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by mckinnon94
Personally, I can't wait for Season 3 to hit. Been loving Misfits for ages now, I pray to the Channel 4 Gods that they don't **** it up!

They wont **** it up.

Original post by MJay91
I'm doing great! Thanks. I had these Misfits watching sessions a few months back. :biggrin: Does any of you watch Friday Night Dinner? It's totally different from Misfits, but it's quite enjoyable! And it's so hard to limit oneself for watching too many episodes of Misfits a day. It's like having a pack of crisps infront of you. You just can't limit yourself for a few.

Ha ha, I've only watched one episode today (in fact only half an episode, I watched half last night while eating dinner and half this morning with brunch!)

Not heard of friday night dinner, being a student, no tv, so i don't really get into new shows, but always bother to watch my old favourites on 4od/iplayer
Reply 2755
I started to rewatch series 2 a couple of weeks ago, I should really get round to finishing it now as I have another week off work.

My friend introduced me to that Friday Night Dinner the other day, Tamsin Greig and Dr Statham from Green Wing :biggrin: plus Will from Inbetweeners, pretty good!
Original post by hobo06
I started to rewatch series 2 a couple of weeks ago, I should really get round to finishing it now as I have another week off work.

My friend introduced me to that Friday Night Dinner the other day, Tamsin Greig and Dr Statham from Green Wing :biggrin: plus Will from Inbetweeners, pretty good!

Hmmm I may look into it as it comes so highly recommended :smile:

I'm gonna watch another episode of misfits tonight cos in foul mood.
Reply 2757
Hmmm I may look into it as it comes so highly recommended :smile:

I'm gonna watch another episode of misfits tonight cos in foul mood.

Definitely, it'll help to spread out Misfits watching in between episodes. Whatever you watch, hope you feel better :hugs:
Original post by hobo06
Definitely, it'll help to spread out Misfits watching in between episodes. Whatever you watch, hope you feel better :hugs:

Thanks hun, hug MUCH appreciated! Was having a great day till an hour ago :frown:

Oh and thanks for the rep :smile:
Reply 2759
Thanks hun, hug MUCH appreciated! Was having a great day till an hour ago :frown:

Oh and thanks for the rep :smile:

Need your big strong hubby to sort someone out? :biggrin:

As I haven't been on much recently I haven't given out much rep so it takes even longer before I can rep people again. Finally managed to rep the Misfits lot! Those that have been active recently anwyay

Quick Reply

Latest