The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Was re-playing Mass Effect 1 earlier, and on the title screen - the music is nearly exactly the same as Blade Runner music. Not surprising they drew inspiration. :coma:

I was playing Mass Effect, and I thought about doing a Renegade action, but I could barely bring myself to carry it out.

So I became a cop.

Only semi-joking there.
Reply 641
Just watched Good Burger on YouTube. Best thing I've done all week.
Wanna watch Source Code, then Adjustment Bureau

Compare em
Reply 643

Not sure what to make of this but I'd love to see it. Looks bizarre.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 645
What the ****?!

Serenity is beating Blade Runner.

http://io9.com/#!5787920/io9s-march-movie-madness-final-four-blade-runner-vs-serenity

inb4 channy rage :awesome:

blechhhhhhhh. I love Firefly as much as the next guy, but if Serenity wins it will be the ultimate triumph of fanboy retards over people who genuinely love film ffs

our world is doomed
Reply 646
What the ****?!

Serenity is beating Blade Runner.

http://io9.com/#!5787920/io9s-march-movie-madness-final-four-blade-runner-vs-serenity

inb4 channy rage :awesome:

Found a pretty good image in the comments below:

Anyway, I remember you posting the quote from this a few pages back

One of the many tragedies in this poll...
Original post by Roobsa

Not sure what to make of this but I'd love to see it. Looks bizarre.

L o L that would so easily fit into a skit in Family guy. Kinda funny
Original post by channy
Found a pretty good image in the comments below:

Anyway, I remember you posting the quote from this a few pages back

One of the many tragedies in this poll...

Bladerunner was confusing and quite convoluted; jusss sayin'
Reply 649
Original post by SteveCrain

I agree. Can they not just tell us if he is human or not? Do they expect us to think for ourselves?

I for one shan't!
Reply 650
Original post by SteveCrain

what exactly was confusing and convoluted about blade runner, sir?

man hunts artificial humans
man finds out artificial humans are not too different from the real deal via rutger hauer's human qualities and weird android love
man may or may not be replicant himself

simples

:facepalm2:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by channy
I agree. Can they not just tell us if he is human or not? Do they expect us to think for ourselves?

I for one shan't!

I know, man. It's so confusing, it made me frown! This is why I prefer stuff like Will Ferrell films! Have you seen 'Talladega Nights'? It is so funny!
Reply 652
Original post by Jace Falco
I know, man. It's so confusing, it made me frown! This is why I prefer stuff like Will Ferrell films! Have you seen 'Talladega Nights'? It is so funny!

No. Is it good? Will I like it?

(on poster a blonde woman in a tight red top has big breasts, i liek)
Ape where did yo post go
Original post by Christien
what exactly was confusing and convoluted about blade runner, sir?

man hunts artificial humans
man finds out artificial humans are not too different from the real deal via rutger hauer's human qualities and weird android love
man may or may not be replicant himself

simples

:facepalm2:

Yes once we extract from the mish mash of scenes we come up with that. I didn't feel the scenes ran together well, but would have to watch it again to summon from memory the rest of my criticisms

Looks good. Has the same sort of formula as the old film, though that's no bad thing. By the looks of things the geeky guy with the glasses has got rid of his annoying wife (or did he do that in the last film? I can't remember now).
Original post by channy
No. Is it good? Will I like it?

(on poster a blonde woman in a tight red top has big breasts, i liek)

It's an absolutely typical Ferrell comedy that requires no thinking at all. Not scary and confusing like Blade Runner :afraid:
Original post by The Stig

Looks good. Has the same sort of formula as the old film, though that's no bad thing. By the looks of things the geeky guy with the glasses has got rid of his annoying wife (or did he do that in the last film? I can't remember now).

He did it at the end of the last one :yep:

harhar
It's an absolutely typical Ferrell comedy that requires no thinking at all. Not scary and confusing like Blade Runner :afraid:

Ok; seems confusing was the wrong work; ****, is more appropriate.

Anyone care to back up the neg rep, in justifying why bladerunner was a good film? The locations were dire and, with so much being omitted from the book, the characters undeveloped.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest