The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleekchic
No I'm suggesting that the woman's comment about Amy still dreaming was linked to the Silent's saying that Amy had been there for days. I don't know but maybe the woman was with the Silents but in some twisted/weird way we saw the scene before the Silents kidnapped her but because of the way the Silents work, Amy had already been kidnapped at that time.

Please tell me. PM me please.

And no annoyingly cryptic, animal related, one word answers. :colonhash:

I can see that link (between the dreaming and the whole you've-been-asleep-for-days :blah:) After that you think we're seeing events back to front, in some sort of weird way - yes, I see. :smile:
Reply 501
Original post by ??????????????????
Anyone able to explain the Doctors convo with Rory about him waiting 2,000 years and him forgetting and the lying??? D:

He's encountered silents, so can't always remember all of his 2,000 year wait for Amy
My reaction to that episode:

Reply 503
Original post by spacepirate-James
Hmm. I also think the fact that the Silence can shape and change form might be something to consider.

EDIT: Wait. Did we establish that the voice in the Tardis was officially a Silent?

We did not, and it is not.
Dokta stop misleading everyone. :whip:
Original post by r_n_b_crazi
Everytime someone sees a Silence, they mark it. Then when they look away and forget, by seeing the marks, they know they have seen one.

The more I think about it, the more it doesn't make much sense...surely they would have forgotten where they marked themselves when they turned around. Especially given the awkward places some of the marks are on (Amy's face).
Reply 506
Original post by Mr.Messy
You wouldn't happen to be a Doctor of Archaeology would you? :holmes:

Only undergrad.
Reply 507
Quarter of an hour in. Doctor Beardface :coma:

Also, this has probably been brought up a million times, but these Silents/Silence/whatever are impeccably dressed for eldritch horrors from the deep recesses of the cosmos.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
:colonhash: :colonhash:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I thought

Spoiler

Was a good idea, he has interfered before in his own time line. But as has previously been posted:..

Spoiler

Oh and Rory you big idiot, stupid face. How could he possibly think she was talking about the Doctor after everything? :colonhash:
Reply 510
That was probably one of the single best episodes of television I have ever seen, let alone just Doctor Who.

The adrenaline was pumping wildly right the way through it.
Reply 511
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
Who is the girl?
What the hell is up with the 'dreaming' scene?
Who is River Song?
What is River's relation to the Doctor?
How did the Silents get hold of the Lodger TARDIS?
The picture of Amy with the child, who says that's the same child as the girl at the end?
Can half Time-Lords regenerate?
When Rory asked River what kind of Doctor she was, was this a throwaway comment?

SPOILERS
Future episode
SPOILERS
""
They are one and the same.
No one
No.
No.
Reply 512
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Yes, they can? :unsure:

No, they can't.
Reply 513

The more I think about it, the more it doesn't make much sense...surely they would have forgotten where they marked themselves when they turned around. Especially given the awkward places some of the marks are on (Amy's face).

Yeah, but while they can see them they know where they're likely to look.
So Amy looked up, then knew she'd go back to looking at the window presumably, so marked her face.
Reply 514
To be honest, I think that episode was worth the week wait :biggrin:
Original post by Christien
Quarter of an hour in. Doctor Beardface :coma:

Also, this has probably been brought up a million times, but these Silents/Silence/whatever are impeccably dressed for eldritch horrors from the deep recesses of the cosmos.

IT'S BEARDFACE-Y DAMN IT!

Sorry Scrubs reference :P
Why is the girl super strong?
Original post by DoktaUH
SPOILERS
Future episode
SPOILERS
""
They are one and the same.
No one
No.
No.

And as we have seen:

Spoiler

Meh. It's **** scary to see on screen tho.
Original post by sleekchic
Oh and Rory you big idiot, stupid face. How could he possibly think she was talking about the Doctor after everything? :colonhash:

So glad that was resolved. Twice. Was dreading an entire series of Rory thinking the opposite.
Original post by ??????????????????
I like this!
Not sure on the running but if they are maybe they are running from the guy who says 'Fear me I've killed hundreds of Time Lords'. Maybe the Silence are important to the stability of the universe and maintain it and 'Silence will Fall' means they will die and with it the end of the universe?

Love that picture!

Also how come when the Silent said 'You should kill us all', Canton didn't get hypnotised but on the TV everyone did.

Didn't notice why Canton didn't get hypnotise actually... Good point :holmes:

Moffat sure likes to be ambiguous. Is Silence falling a good thing or not.

Latest