The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Excellent. Will check them both out. :biggrin:

Also, the Dark Knight Returns is fantastic. Simply fantastic. All this time I've been thinking it was Nolan who really made Batman dark and gritty...

Batman is a GOD in Kingdom Come. Believe everything he says, ever.
This Pixar program on BBC 1 is pretty good. I never knew they put A113 as an easter egg in all of their movies. :p:
Original post by Madjackismad
This Pixar program on BBC 1 is pretty good. I never knew they put A113 as an easter egg in all of their movies. :p:

One of my favourite parts is looking for it :tongue:
Original post by cambo211
One of my favourite parts is looking for it :tongue:

The director of Monster's Inc doesn't even know where it is. :p:

The studios look awesome as well.
Watched Collateral. Immense film, Michael Mann's actually quite good at the thoughtful stuff as well as the visuals when he wants to be. :holmes:
Collateral is probably my least favourite Mann film. It's good but I definitely prefer Heat and Public Enemies.

Edit: Scratch that! Miami Vice is my least favourite.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ahh crap did I forget about Wall-E today... still haven't seen that

speaking of Pixar films, heard the Cars 2 trailer's out, might check that out
Original post by lukejoshjedi

It's on iPlayer if you still want to give it a watch: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x941j/WallE/

Along with POTC: Dead Man's Chest, Face/Off and Kill Bill: Volume 1.
I absolutely love this tumblr :daydreaming:

All the other film junkies and TV addicts should check it out:

http://lawyerup*******.tumblr.com/ :love:
Original post by MizzCupcakes
I absolutely love this tumblr :daydreaming:

All the other film junkies and TV addicts should check it out:

http://lawyerup*******.tumblr.com/ :love:

There's a bad word in its URL. Tut tut.
Reply 2110
Bigots in current affairs taking up my revision time....
Reply 2111
Original post by lukejoshjedi

speaking of Pixar films, heard the Cars 2 trailer's out, might check that out

I've yet to understand the appeal of WALL-E.

There's a bad word in its URL. Tut tut.

you'll just have to copy paste then and remove the space :erm:

www.lawyerupas shole.tumblr.com
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Madjackismad
Collateral is probably my least favourite Mann film. It's good but I definitely prefer Heat and Public Enemies.

Edit: Scratch that! Miami Vice is my least favourite.

Public enemies is alright. Good film, but nowhere near what it could have been. Heat is obviously his best work. I never saw Miami Vice and I suspect I'm a happier person for it.
Original post by zjs
I've yet to understand the appeal of WALL-E.

It's just one of Pixars' films with an almost instant appeal that I can't really describe, I think the concept is interesting and... well, I guess it's a love it or hate it kind of film

thanks for the links ape :biggrin: started watching Wall-E

Not a Star Trek fan but re-watched some of it yesterday (the 2009 film), the cast... so much. talent there, they all really worked together well. I didn't even recognise Eric Bana as the main antagonist
Tonight, I was dragged, literally dragged, into seeing 'The Hangover Part II'. The cinema was full and the laughter was incredibly forced and short-lived. Did not enjoy.

I'm going to watch the end of the Louis Theroux prison thing to make up for it.
Just watched Blitz. Really, really not worth it. It's littered with inaccuracies regarding police procedure, for one thing, but that's hardly the main problem. The plot is so incoherent I was genuinely worried that I might have blacked out and missed large portions of the film before so much as fifteen minutes had elapsed. The 'investigation' into the killings is handled so ham-handedly that I felt like screaming at the screen such things as, "What? How is that relevant? Why are you going there?" and "You've got the evidence! Right there! Why are you giving it back to him?" The protagonist is a ridiculous caricature, and the rest of the characters are either so bland as to be non-existent, or apparently from completely different films. I swear that some entire story elements were put in to fill out the time, because there's no relation to the main plotline at all.

Should have saved my money for X-Men tomorrow.
The Hangover Part II is definitely a cash cow. It was awful. :facepalm2:
Reply 2118
Suprised
It's a little bit early in the year for Oscar bait.

Quick Reply

Latest