The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
It was also impossible for the Titanic to sink. Therefore that whole film must have been a dream.

Don't give them more crap to mash together :colonhash:
Original post by Newton 29
jus saw x-men. was amazing. defintaly the best movie seen this year, and probably the best superhero prequel ever.

coming from a superhero geek!

How many superhero prequels have we actually had?
Original post by cambo211

Oh but we're all ignoring the greater allegory of the Titanic in itself, that God is vengeful and real, setting about to sink the Titanic because someone said he couldn't. He was all up in heaven and it was like, "Not even god could sink the Titanic" God: 'Challenge accepted'

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
TBF Michael Bay, the most trustworthy filmmaker of modern times, has admitted that the last one was *insert other word for testes* and that this one is going to be much better...

Yeah sure, Michael, and this new girl doesn't look as slutty as Megan Fox does she?

The girl we'll all deny is British soon enough

She doesn't look as attractive anyway, I'm not blown away by Rosie... I just a get a 'Meh' reaction from her lol, well I hope she's a good actress anyway

Who needs intelligent and original thought when you can just post something that fits on a JPEG?

Hey, did you know that the plot of Avatar bears some striking resemblances to Pocahontas?
Who needs intelligent and original thought when you can just post something that fits on a JPEG?

Hey, did you know that the plot of Avatar bears some striking resemblances to Pocahontas?

phalanges law in action :tongue:
Original post by lukejoshjedi

phalanges law in action :tongue:

Some guy just made a thread on the Hobbit and linked to an IMDB post. The 7th comment proved Phalanges' law; gave me a smile. :biggrin:

I might've heard that somewhere, but i can't think where...

Oh yeah it was ****ing everywhere :colonhash:
How many posts do you think it will be on the sexism thread before someone states that women can't act as well as men? We should have a sweepstake.
How many posts do you think it will be on the sexism thread before someone states that women can't act as well as men? We should have a sweepstake.

Read my mind tbh :tongue:

I'm going to sit and lurk and just observe.
That Dylan Dog film looks kinda good, Brandon Routh in any sort of heroic role just works... why have I still not seen it yet : o
How long have blockbuster been doing pre-release exclusive rents for?

Just noticed it today.
OMG think i'm in love with Michael Fassbender.

It's the first time i've seen him in a film but he was seriously amazing as Magneto. By far he was the best actor in the new X-Men film.
Kill Bill's on BBC3 now. The Ridiclous blood spraying thing always gets me O_o ... oh and I <3 Gogo
I love the Bride vs. Crazy 88 fight :love:
Also, The Hobbit deserves a better thread than that :emo:
Also, The Hobbit deserves a better thread than that :emo:

I thought 'Sequl' was some new monster I had missed during my readings of The Hobbit.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I thought 'Sequl' was some new monster I had missed during my readings of The Hobbit.

Tbh i thought we'd already had a 'hobbit' thread but i can't track it down.

And now we're stuck with this one.
The O-ren Ishii-i fight at the end was good, although fairly short. Lucy Liu is such a good actor, loved the score during the fight
I'm also finding it increasingly hard to post or read in the Doctor Who Speculation/Discussion thread without losing my temper :colonhash:

Posting this here for Ape to see without having to cause a massive ruckus in the thread itself :tongue:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Yeah at least you get CvA lol. I'm lucky to have a dad, best friend and girlfriend who together make up almost my entire film taste! That it all apart from gangster movies :frown: I mostly have to do them alone.

OTOH was Predators as bad as I've heard?

Damn, that sucks. I've never been to the cinema alone. Not sure why.

Predators is a decent film up until the end. It's a return to the feel of the first film, and that's a good thing. But then the ending ... :facepalm2:

She doesn't look as attractive anyway, I'm not blown away by Rosie... I just a get a 'Meh' reaction from her lol, well I hope she's a good actress anyway

Tbh, all she has to do is look scared, run around holding hands with a sweaty Shia and say 'Sam' pleadingly from time to time.

Original post by dragonalli
Pirates 4 is good comepletely different story line to the last films though which is good in its own way. Plus no confusing unresolved cliffhangers apart from how long its been between pirates 3 and 4.

The only cliffhanger is why they chose to make another one. :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest