The Student Room Group

Vellacott History Prize 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kellettwm
Really..? :s-smilie: That seems extremely early- why do you think the 3rd?

From the website

Winners and highly commended entrants will be notified by letter by 3 June 2011. Information will also be posted on this website.
Reply 21
Original post by Psychotic546
From the website

Ah clever... wonder if that means on the third or before the third.
Reply 22
Anyone heard anything yet...? No letter for me so far :frown:
Reply 23
No - nobody told yet?
Reply 24
Original post by Chazzer66
No - nobody told yet?

Nothing in the post today either.
No - nobody told yet?

Nothing in the post today either.

I got my letter for the English one today.
Reply 26
Original post by LeSacMagique
I got my letter for the English one today.

How did you do? Do they send letters to everyone or just the top few? Seems I didnt do that well then :s-smilie:
How did you do? Do they send letters to everyone or just the top few? Seems I didnt do that well then :s-smilie:

I was 'highly commended'. Not sure about who they send letters to; might just be the top few. I wouldn't worry until the results are put up tomorrow - you never know, the letter might just have been late, or maybe they do it differently for the History prize!
Reply 28
I was 'highly commended'. Not sure about who they send letters to; might just be the top few. I wouldn't worry until the results are put up tomorrow - you never know, the letter might just have been late, or maybe they do it differently for the History prize!

Well done mate... pretty sure the history ones will have gone out at the same time.
Gutted :/
Reply 29

I can hope! Thanks, dude :colondollar:
Well done mate... pretty sure the history ones will have gone out at the same time.
Gutted :/

*shrug* It's not definite! :biggrin:

I can hope! Thanks, dude :colondollar:

Good luck!

Original post by whenjokersattack
CONGRATS! Wow, that is so good.
Ah, this is so annoying, I put down my school address, and am on half term, so no way of finding out until tomorrow...

Thanks! I admit, I'm pretty chuffed. That must be painful. Which did you enter?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Annoying thig is, I live in Cambridge, so there's no way there's been a postal error (Royal Mail though...) :/
Reply 32
Just desperate for one person who's done well in the history one to say yeah got a commended... just so i know i failed :P
Reply 33
I entered for History as well - no word though :/
Yeah nothing for history for me either. Hmm we'll know tomorrow :smile:
Congrats LeSac :biggrin:
Reply 35
Yeah 'History Boys' looks like its a website check tommorrow, good luck :tongue:
Reply 36
Yeah 'History Boys' looks like its a website check tommorrow, good luck :tongue:

Aha seems so.... my beacon of hope has just gone down the ****ter though xD
Reply 37
Nope, no letter again- congratulations to whomever has done well and comisserations to the rest =]
Reply 38
Nope, no letter again- congratulations to whomever has done well and comisserations to the rest =]

Same here; do they post them to school or home though? (vain hopes :redface:)
Reply 39
Same here; do they post them to school or home though? (vain hopes :redface:)

Home- check your email you registered with, they sent me an email saying thanks but you failed- very nice of them, haven't done that in past years :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending