The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
She is not a (psycho) biddy anywhere near the extent in the sense of the lead in this film. :p:

Inspirational, you say? How about Up In The Air or Please Give, if you haven't seen those? Invictus is also a good shout.

your sig made me :rofl:
Original post by zjs
Seen both. Enjoyed Up In the Air but, not being especially driven by money in the first place, I didn't find it particularly inspiring. May go with Invictus then.

You've seen Please Give? I'm impressed, the only people I know that have watched it are people that watched it with me. :p: What did you think of it?

Original post by Abiraleft
It's not Star Wars, is it?

I can tell this is going to nag me for ages. :colonhash:

Bingo. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - the greatest film about gladiators ever made.
Reply 2522
You've seen Please Give? I'm impressed, the only people I know that have watched it are people that watched it with me. :p: What did you think of it?

Pretentious and condescending. :colonhash:

Holofcener scripts are always well written, and the subtle observations made the film; the realism was excellent for a tale of families.

Spoiler

Reminds me of (and could be seen as a forerunner to) Archipelago, with its focus on upper-middle class families and their problems.
She is not a (psycho) biddy anywhere near the extent in the sense of the lead in this film. :p:

Inspirational, you say? How about Up In The Air or Please Give, if you haven't seen those? Invictus is also a good shout.

American Psycho?
Bronson?
Reply 2524

Bingo. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - the greatest film about gladiators ever made.

I would have guessed The Return of the Jedi, but I suppose that makes sense as well.

Is Psycho Biddy Misery?
I have a newfound fascination for the german language :biggrin:

I'd be happy if you could recommend me some german and/or polish films.
Original post by MizzCupcakes

Das Boot! Uncut version. :awesome:
Original post by zjs
Pretentious and condescending. :colonhash:

Holofcener scripts are always well written, and the subtle observations made the film; the realism was excellent for a tale of families.

Spoiler

Reminds me of (and could be seen as a forerunner to) Archipelago, with its focus on upper-middle class families and their problems.

I didn't mean that to sound anywhere near as awful as it did. :o: Merely that it was a film which seems to have a remarkably small audience which is disappointing. I would agree with much of what you said, I think it was startlingly realistic and also really dark in places.

How did you like Invictus?

Original post by Madjackismad
American Psycho?
Bronson?

The biddy is the psycho, not just a random character. :p:

Original post by Abiraleft
Is Psycho Biddy Misery?

Nope. It's not really a horror film, more of a thriller. The last time I think it came up in this thread I think was when I posted a screenshot of it (back when we were playing that game) and nobody knew what it was then either. :sad:

Original post by MizzCupcakes

Aguirre?

Speaking of Werner Herzog, he's been confirmed as the narrator for the audiobook of Go The **** To Sleep. Words cannot express how much I want to hear this.
Saw the rest of The Descent part 2 yesterday... it sucked, not too surprised but hey

Also saw Predators, which I quite liked
Reply 2529
I didn't mean that to sound anywhere near as awful as it did. :o: Merely that it was a film which seems to have a remarkably small audience which is disappointing. I would agree with much of what you said, I think it was startlingly realistic and also really dark in places.

How did you like Invictus?

I knew what you meant. It just came out more as "me and my chums were watching films and we're very knowledgeable, don't-cha-know", rather than the undeservedly low audience you mention. :yes:

I watched Slumdog Millionaire instead. Reminded me what an excellent film it is. :daydreaming:

I may watch Invictus now though :proud: (the joys of recovering from surgery).
Original post by cambo211

it's an experience alright :rolleyes:
Original post by zjs
I knew what you meant. It just came out more as "me and my chums were watching films and we're very knowledgeable, don't-cha-know", rather than the undeservedly low audience you mention. :yes:

I watched Slumdog Millionaire instead. Reminded me what an excellent film it is. :daydreaming:

I may watch Invictus now though :proud: (the joys of recovering from surgery).

Yeah, I read it back and cringed a little.

Slumdog is amazing. I hated the backlash that film got, it didn't deserve it in the slightest.

How did the nose job go?
Someone recommend a great movie to watch :biggrin:
Reply 2533

Slumdog is amazing. I hated the backlash that film got, it didn't deserve it in the slightest.

How did the nose job go?

Something to do with "using child actors from the slums" and then "returning" them, as I remember? Seemed very unlikely, either way.

It was a rather more necessary procedure on a far more "intimate" area. :pierre:

How did the nose job go?

Your DP is amazing.....are you questioning reality or just happy with it? :awesome:
Reply 2535
Original post by boromir9111
Someone recommend a great movie to watch :biggrin:

Good Will Hunting / City of God / Road to Perdition / Goodfellas / A Prophet / Braveheart / Fight Club
Original post by zjs
Good Will Hunting / City of God / Road to Perdition / Goodfellas / A Prophet / Braveheart / Fight Club

Road to Perdition looks good.....cheers for that buddy :biggrin:
Reply 2537
Road to Perdition looks good.....cheers for that buddy :biggrin:

It is. :yes:

Tom Hanks and Jude Law at their (formidable) finest. :sogood:
Original post by zjs
It is. :yes:

Tom Hanks and Jude Law at their (formidable) finest. :sogood:

lol, are you a girl?
Reply 2539