The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lukejoshjedi
true, I could see him playing a manic/crazy boyfriend in a romcom though, with Reese witherspoon or something

Meh? lol but it looks soo good :eek: tbh I'm already expecting to be dissapointed by Rosies' acting, haven't heard too many good things about her

The action at the end is worth it, but honestly, it's a horrible movie. It's not even acting, it's just standing around, sticking her chest out and pouting.

However, I would also say it's the best use of 3D since Avatar (Tron Legacy was disappointing in the 3D side of things).
Original post by tropical-twist3
He's actually done some pretty good films. I liked Vanilla Sky but didn't it get slated?

Also has anybody been to any film festivals and could recommend? I think I'm gonna go to raindance this year and take my sister

It was mixed reviews when it was released.

I enjoyed it even though some bits are really cheesy/cringe inducing.
Original post by Madjackismad
It was mixed reviews when it was released.

I enjoyed it even though some bits are really cheesy/cringe inducing.

Yeah I know what you mean but I really get that vibe from tom cruise so maybe it's him....there's something about his smile that's so corny. But then he has done some good films and he's done well in them so I'm torn.
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Yeah I know what he HAS done but he's getting to that age where the good roles just suddenly drop away now.

Yeah, I was only messing. I don't think so tbh, he's only just started to arrive back on the scene with the whole embarrassment of the Scientology thing, so maybe he'll start to pick up good roles again. He's always been good as Ethan Hunt so I wouldn't classify that as 'bad'.
Reply 3046
Original post by n1r4v
****ing Lady Gaga :facepalm2:

Annie Hall definitely fits the bill, didn't have to be a crime film. :p:

Have you seen The Graduate? I only got about 5 minutes of it before the stupid rented CD stopped working (:rant:) but it seemed to me like the kind of movie you were looking for earlier. :smile:
Reply 3047
Original post by Abiraleft
Have you seen The Graduate? I only got about 5 minutes of it before the stupid rented CD stopped working (:rant:) but it seemed to me like the kind of movie you were looking for earlier. :smile:

I haven't seen it but I might have a look... I have a lot of time to kill! Seems like it may not appeal to me though, too old (blasphemy on here) :redface:. Cheers.
Original post by tropical-twist3
He's actually done some pretty good films. I liked Vanilla Sky but didn't it get slated?

Also has anybody been to any film festivals and could recommend? I think I'm gonna go to raindance this year and take my sister

Vanilla sky is so confusing, I still don't get what the film was about several years after seeing it

The action at the end is worth it, but honestly, it's a horrible movie. It's not even acting, it's just standing around, sticking her chest out and pouting.

However, I would also say it's the best use of 3D since Avatar (Tron Legacy was disappointing in the 3D side of things).

hmm yeah I guess that's what most critical reviews will be/are saying about it too, interesting about the 3D though. I'd rather watch it in 2D though, 3D never makes me want to watch a summer blockbuster
Yeah, I was only messing. I don't think so tbh, he's only just started to arrive back on the scene with the whole embarrassment of the Scientology thing, so maybe he'll start to pick up good roles again. He's always been good as Ethan Hunt so I wouldn't classify that as 'bad'.

Rain Man II: This Time It's Personal

I thought / still think it MI should have just been a trilogy.

Why?
Vanilla sky is so confusing, I still don't get what the film was about several years after seeing it

Basically it was a sophisticated way of saying "and then he woke up and it was all a dream" ...but I still liked it!
Original post by Phalanges
Why?

Tom cruise is aging...as his acting ability is. Lol ok that's not my real reason, without getting into too much of a in depth discussion on whether any sequel is ever really needed

I just think that it's been an entertaining and decent franchise at 3 films, yeah the success of the films (would lead to the studio funding the film and the producer to want to make more) but I just never desired a fourth, sort of like Pirates of the Carribean for me

not that I dislike MI, I just never really thought of or wanted another installment in it. Can't say the same for The Bourne films though, I'd happily watch a fourth (with Matt Damon of course, which isn't happening unfortunately)
Reply 3053
Watching scott Pilgrim against the world. It was only bearable lasttime because my ex was there to distract myself with.

God I'm bored.
Reply 3054
This makes me feel like this :moon:.

Original post by Aj12
Watching scott Pilgrim against the world. It was only bearable lasttime because my ex was there to distract myself with.

God I'm bored.

Really? It was probably my favourite film of 2010.
Reply 3056
Original post by Jace Falco
Really? It was probably my favourite film of 2010.

You know I like it. I just really really hate Michael sera
Original post by Aj12
You know I like it. I just really really hate Michael sera

Why?
Reply 3058
Original post by Jace Falco
Why?

I just don't like him as an actor. Can't explain it. He just irritates me.
Just watched Inception again with brother. Fab film, still a little bit confusing, even on the 5th time.

Quick Reply

Latest