The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noggins
Yeah, pretty good. you never seen it?

yeah I have, it's a very good film. I love the way the tension is built up, although there is very little dialogue in the whole film.
The Mask was good back when you were small. I watched Son of the Mask a while back too. Absolute travesty.
I still enjoy the Mask, but the second installment was a ****ing ****heap.
Original post by mevidek
yeah I have, it's a very good film. I love the way the tension is built up, although there is very little dialogue in the whole film.

You might enjoy The Hitcher (1986), very similar type of film with not much dialogue. Probably even better than Duel.
Saw Cap'n America today.

Was pretty good, although I think it went on a little too long.

Omg psyched for the Avengers however :coma:
Original post by mevidek
Brilliant film!

Have you seen any of Jeannes Jacques Annaud's films? Enemy at the Gates, Quest for Fire, Name of the Rose and Bear?

Not yet, unfortunately :frown:
Reply 4006
Winnie The Pooh already out on DVD here? I don't even remember it being in the cinemas! I wanted to see it on the big screen. The trailer made me cry from nostalgia. :facepalm2:

Original post by noggins
You might enjoy The Hitcher (1986), very similar type of film with not much dialogue. Probably even better than Duel.

I'll look it up; cheers :biggrin:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Not yet, unfortunately :frown:

Enemy at the Gates was on just now - brilliant film if you're into psychological, drama, war films. I didn't really like Quest for Fire, but Bear and The Name of the Rose were really, really, really great films.
Reply 4009
I finally got round to watching Winter's Bone thanks to Sky Movies. What a great film. Jennifer Lawrence was most excellent. And my oh my is she attractive. :fan:
Talking of films from your childhood, I loved Jumanji.
The Inbetweeners Movie was a lot better than I expected. Laughed a lot more too.
Original post by mevidek
Enemy at the Gates was on just now - brilliant film if you're into psychological, drama, war films.

Love that film especially the whole 'two snipers trying to outwit each other' angle. It certainly makes a welcome change from the usual frontline or squad war films.
Reply 4013
Fernando Meirelles' 360 sounds like an interesting project. :holmes:
Reply 4014
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Love that film especially the whole 'two snipers trying to outwit each other' angle. It certainly makes a welcome change from the usual frontline or squad war films.

Jeannes Jacques Annaud is a really good director, I'd highly recommend his other films. Not too mainstream, very artistic, good acting and convincing stories make his films some of the best around!

Have you seen any of his other films?
Reply 4016
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Talking of films from your childhood, I loved Jumanji.

Aaaah yes, one of the greatest kid's movies ever in my opinion. :moon:

Pretty much anything Robin Williams did was a big hit with me in the 90s, Hook and Mrs Doubtfire especially. :rolleyes:

I miss films like that, they really don't make them anymore.

EDIT: And all those late 80s/90s Roald Dahl films. Matilda, The Witches, James & The Giant Peach, The BFG.
(edited 12 years ago)
quite interested in watching Troll Hunter, looks good. Fright night as well
Reply 4018
My brother bought two cases of Stella for Reading Festival and you get a free DVD with every case. Just going on the website to browse the titles. :colone:
Anyone see the Portal short film? Its got a few million views in less than 2 days!

Quick Reply

Latest