The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

That was the most ****ING MESSED UP EPISODE EVER!

I actually saw curtis's dick for 2 seconds!!!

Wtf!!!????

I want Nathan back! :frown:
Reply 3521
Original post by Nick1sHere
I am, I am :facepalm2:

Work... Don't you just hate it. Missed the start so I'll just watch it on 4oD

I was supposed to be working, usually do Sundays. They didn't ring me to confirm so I assumed I wasn't. They then rung me at 9.30pm asking why I hadn't turned up, and apparently had it on their records that they had called me at 12.01pm. Bull****, I was asleep, definitely didn't talk to me.
Reply 3522
Bit pointless tying up that guy... Didn't solve anything. Just maybe 5 seconds of humilation when someone finds him and then he's back to his old ways.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jackso
Bit pointless tying up that guy... Didn't solve anything. Just maybe 5 seconds of humilating when someone finds him and then he's back to his old ways.

exactly, was stupid..
Reply 3524
Some people think far too much into these things. It's for comedic value, nothing more.
Original post by hobo06
Some people think far too much into these things. It's for comedic value, nothing more.

i just find rape/attempted rape quite distressing on TV shows/films etc.
Reply 3526
Original post by hobo06

Original post by hobo06

Er, how is rape comedic? You're meant to take the show seriously to a certain degree...
Reply 3527
Original post by Bellissima
i just find rape/attempted rape quite distressing on TV shows/films etc.

So complain about that rather than the comedic consequences.

Murder and then just burying the bodies is absolutely fine though right? If you've been watching Misfits from the start, you really shouldn't be shocked by such topics (nor in any other show/film, many touch on these topics).
Reply 3528
Original post by Jackso
Er, how is rape comedic? You're meant to take the show seriously to a certain degree...

Him being tied up and humliated was comedic, why on earth would you think I meant otherwise?

I'm really not sure what parts of Misfits are supposed to be taken seriously. Refer to my previous post for other comments.
Original post by hobo06
So complain about that rather than the comedic consequences.

Murder and then just burying the bodies is absolutely fine though right? If you've been watching Misfits from the start, you really shouldn't be shocked by such topics (nor in any other show/film, many touch on these topics).

i wasn't complaining i was agreeing what he said... i was not offended in any way by the whole pinning him to the wall naked, it was just a thought i had when i saw it.. i am sorry if that has upset you in some way..

no obviously it's not fine in real life and never said it was? though PERSONALLY I find rape scenes really distressing... i don't feel the same about murder scenes (usually because they are quite unreal and not graphic). in movies where there is a full on rape scene i have to leave the room. why are you being so accusing about this? i can't help how i feel.

i am not shocked by these topics? what is wrong with you, i haven't said anything like that?
Reply 3530
Original post by hobo06

Original post by hobo06
Him being tied up and humliated was comedic, why on earth would you think I meant otherwise?

I'm really not sure what parts of Misfits are supposed to be taken seriously. Refer to my previous post for other comments.

Oh. Regardless, I didn't think it was a good scene, nor did it work.

Errr.... I'm pretty sure Simon + Alisha's relationship wasn't meant to be taken as a joke (I thought that was fairly obvious but apparently not.) Nor were there many laughs during the...

Spoiler

I wasn't "shocked" by any of it, obviously I've seen much worse, but my main complaint was that it didn't really work. Poor episode, imo.
(edited 12 years ago)
Good episode! Love Rudy. Made me warm to Curtis a lot more as well; I never really liked him that much as a character before.
Just 4OD-ed it. Love it! Seems like they're doing an episode per character again :yep:

Powers guy is hot.
Coach was hot.
Makes me miss Nathan a whole lot less :tongue:
The episode was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing.
Reply 3534
Original post by Jackso
Bit pointless tying up that guy... Didn't solve anything. Just maybe 5 seconds of humilation when someone finds him and then he's back to his old ways.

You mean when the girls he coaches turn up and find out their coach is a rapist? It's pretty clear the writers mean for that to be the end of his raping - it's not a condoning of date rape.
Reply 3535
Original post by Apagg

Original post by Apagg
You mean when the girls he coaches turn up and find out their coach is a rapist? It's pretty clear the writers mean for that to be the end of his raping - it's not a condoning of date rape.

Find out how? Because someone wrote it on his chest being actual evidence? They'd think whoever tied him up was the nutcase as they didn't call the police had it actually happened. His raping would be far from over.
Original post by Jackso
Find out how? Because someone wrote it on his chest being actual evidence? They'd think whoever tied him up was the nutcase as they didn't call the police had it actually happened. His raping would be far from over.

They may have called the police as well...no evidence to say they didn't...
Reply 3537
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Original post by greeneyedgirl
They may have called the police as well...no evidence to say they didn't...

To say that they assaulted some guy? Plus tied him up half-naked? They would be the ones in big legal trouble in that scenerio! Plus, he never actually raped anyone, so they'd have nothing on him. I'm just saying, it was a pretty crappy ending. I was not pleased.
Original post by Jackso
To say that they assaulted some guy? Plus tied him up half-naked? They would be the ones in big legal trouble in that scenerio! Plus, he never actually raped anyone, so they'd have nothing on him. I'm just saying, it was a pretty crappy ending. I was not pleased.

I imagine he was found and good old mob justice did the rest; his nekkid body being fished out of the river a few days later.
Reply 3539
Original post by History-Student

Original post by History-Student
I imagine he was found and good old mob justice did the rest; his nekkid body being fished out of the river a few days later.

Because of something written on his chest?!

Quick Reply

Latest