The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pi!
I have most of them on DVD, but I will definitely watch the ones I haven't seen.

Strangely enough, I've only ever seen Whisper of the Heart & The Cat Returns, so I'll be interesting in seeing the ones I haven't seen. Which is your favourite?
Reply 4941
Original post by Pandora.
Strangely enough, I've only ever seen Whisper of the Heart & The Cat Returns, so I'll be interesting in seeing the ones I haven't seen. Which is your favourite?

Spirited Away. I would probably say it's my all-time favourite film.
Original post by Pi!
Spirited Away. I would probably say it's my all-time favourite film.

I've always wanted to watch that, but Film4 don't have the rights to it. I'm sure it'll pop up on BBC2 sometime though.
I've always wanted to watch that, but Film4 don't have the rights to it. I'm sure it'll pop up on BBC2 sometime though.

I'm always seeing it in bargain bins for £3-5. You can probably get in on Amazon or something for less. And it is well worth it.
Original post by Jace Falco
I'm always seeing it in bargain bins for £3-5. You can probably get in on Amazon or something for less. And it is well worth it.

I'll have to look out for it then, thanks. :smile:
Somebody once posted a website which had films to stream legally. It was only accessible by those in higher education or something along those lines and it had loads of prominent films including Studio Ghibli ones.
Original post by Madjackismad
Glasgow sold out.

Hate my life right now.

Glasgow just opened up a second screen btw. Tickets available.
Reply 4947
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Somebody once posted a website which had films to stream legally. It was only accessible by those in higher education or something along those lines and it had loads of prominent films including Studio Ghibli ones.

Really!?!

I would love to know this website!
Original post by JClive
Really!?!

I would love to know this website!

And I just found the post that brought it up in the last thread. It's http://bobnational.net

Your university has to be registered with it and not all universities are. Spirited Away is on there as well.
Reply 4949
And I just found the post that brought it up in the last thread. It's http://bobnational.net

Your university has to be registered with it and not all universities are. Spirited Away is on there as well.

Looks good...but of course my university isn't registered with it!:angry:
Just finished having another meggaa LOTR extended edition marathon. God, that shizz never gets old!
Dunno if this has been posted. DKR teaser poster.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52237

'The Legend Ends' seems like a pretty standard 3rd instalment slogan, but it also makes me think 'yeah, Batman definitely dies in this'. Ahhhh, I want this now.
Anyone going to be watching the Studio Ghibli season on Film4?
Definitely, missed Saturday's one unfortunately. :sad:

Can't wait for Princess Mononoke today though! It's always been my favourite. :cute:
Anyone going to be watching the Studio Ghibli season on Film4?

Yeah but, only half of those titles, still in uni :sigh:

Still great timing from Film4, now I can relax and forget about my work for a while when watching them :tongue:
Just watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail and, once again, it left me in complete stitches. Graham Chapman is just so funny in it. :rofl:

Glasgow just opened up a second screen btw. Tickets available.

Omggggggggggggggggg

Edit: seen the new poster? Even cooler than TDK ones. Seems like they seem to be deliberately teasing us with the broken mask. :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)

We spent a few days finding the best 'tracking' websites for various entertainment mediums and found quite a few including the one posted above and GoodReads as well as ones for TV shows, music and video games.

The general idea essentially was to have a project within the forum that made users (who wanted to take part) sign up to these websites and begin tracking collectively for a year. It was supposed to be a running project which would slowly amass a whole culture and wealth of information about what films had been watched, books read, games played and TV shows watched. So at the end of the year everybody could reflect back on the information like a bit of a social experiment.

The prospect of having a community driven tracking across various entertainment mediums was quite exciting since normally you track by yourself (and any other people who happen to use the website). The 'What did you last play/watch/listen/read' on a larger scale really.

Anyway, he's probably been really busy to work on it too much but it might happen one day.

Yeah, that was a good idea. I got crazy busy at the end of last term, and have been absent on holiday for a week. Got a fair bit of work to do now on the run up to Christmas, but I'll try and see if I can get something done about it for 1st of Jan, as that would be a nice idea to get it started.
Feel like I haven't been to the cinema in ages. The last film I think I saw was Anonymous. Got a couple of tickets to see Red Dog this week, which I highly expect to be **** but at least it's something. Still, with Sherlock Holmes 2, Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and MI4 out over the next couple of weeks I expect I'll be getting back into the swing of things soon enough. :biggrin:
Arthur Christmas wasn't nearly as great as I expected. It was good, but not future classic material as some have been suggesting.

Finally saw The Debt. Absolutely brilliant. Jesper Christensen was perfect as Vogel.
Reply 4959
I watched To Sir, With Love last night; I thought it was far from great film-making, but fairly enjoyable. Sidney Poitier was rather good in it.

For a lot of the film, though, I thought 'Surely this screenplay was adapted from a play.' When I looked it up at the end, I found it wasn't - but then that a large number of the cast had originally been trained for the stage. It's funny how distinct these things are, isn't it.

Quick Reply

Latest