The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

If you liked The Fighter, you'll like Warrior.
I did like The Fighter. Alright, cheers.
Reply 5082
My favourite movies of 2011:
1. Hugo
2.Warrior
3. Ides of march
Reply 5083
I doubt that the film of War Horse will be as good as the play of War Horse. Then again, I am heavily biased against Spielberg. I don't think I've seen anything directed by him that I like.
Original post by Pi!
I doubt that the film of War Horse will be as good as the play of War Horse. Then again, I am heavily biased against Spielberg. I don't think I've seen anything directed by him that I like.

Really? He's directed quite a few, I'm sure you'll find one.
Original post by Pi!

Jaws? E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial? Jurassic Park? Schindler's List? Saving Private Ryan? A.I. Artificial Intelligence? Minority Report? Catch Me If You Can?
Reply 5086
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Jaws? E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial? Jurassic Park? Schindler's List? Saving Private Ryan? A.I. Artificial Intelligence? Minority Report? Catch Me If You Can?

Nope
Haven't seen
Nope
Big fat nope
Haven't seen
Haven't seen
Haven't seen, but I'm actually slightly interested in seeing. Didn't know he directed that one.
You have been deprived of some good films.
What spielberg HAVE you seen?
Reply 5089
Original post by Colonel.
What spielberg HAVE you seen?

To clarify: by nope I mean films I have seen but didn't like. I think most of my anti-Spielberg-ism stems from the fact I absolutely loathe Indiana Jones films.
'Catch me if you can' sits fairly high up my favourite film list.
If you dislike Spielberg and Indiana Jones you have essentially no sense of fun and should be prevented from engaging other people in even casual conversation forever, lest you drag them into a dark, depressing emotional mire where they feel they have no alternative but to kill themselves painfully. IMO, anyway.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Christien
If you dislike Spielberg and Indiana Jones you have essentially no sense of fun and should be prevented from engaging other people in even casual conversation forever, lest you drag them into a dark, depressing emotional mire where they feel they have no alternative but to kill themselves painfully. IMO, anyway.

Let's not forget that Spielberg also directed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. A science fiction adventure starring Shia LaBeouf. :pierre:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Let's not forget that Spielberg also directed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. A science fiction adventure starring Shia LaBeouf. :pierre:

Eh, anyone with a filmography that substantial is bound to have a few misfires. Maybe that was a tad harsh, but Spielberg brought fun back to the movies at a time when they were tending towards bloated indulgence, and I think he should have a place in every serious film fan's heart.
(edited 12 years ago)
The Dark Knight Rises trailer is frigging awesome!
If you haven't seen ET by the age of 10, you've not had a proper childhood. I remember seeing it in the cinema years ago when it was released for some anniversary and I was crying so much. Even my mum and other people in the cinema were. :colonhash:
Original post by Madjackismad
The Dark Knight Rises trailer is frigging awesome!

I liked it. Bit light on the actual Batman, but that's to be expected I guess. Plenty to speculate about. Like:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
I liked it. Bit light on the actual Batman, but that's to be expected I guess. Plenty to speculate about. Like:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Madjackismad

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5099

:h: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest