The Student Room Group

TSR Top Gear Society

Scroll to see replies

That wasn't the best episode :s-smilie: I was expecting more :frown:
I've been excited for weeks about this one, but not as great as I expected!
6/10. They still make a formidable 3-some.
Original post by Iqbal007
looooool these guys are so racist

How?

In this India episode anyways, they seemed anything but - i.e. adoring India as a up-and-coming superpower whilst being self-deprecating on the British side of things. I can understand how the Mexico comments could have offended Mexicans, but in this episode, everything just felt like the usual jesting.
Original post by MirandaPanda
How?

In this India episode anyways, they seemed anything but - i.e. adoring India as a up-and-coming superpower whilst being self-deprecating on the British side of things. I can understand how the Mexico comments could have offended Mexicans, but in this episode, everything just felt like the usual jesting.

Slightly hints of racism e.g the nan thing
Original post by S-man10
No stig :sad:

Good episode

Some of the indian girls in the party ffs :sogood:

Ikr? Some of them were :sogood:

Good episode, I especially liked James' revenge on Clarkson and Hammond. :teehee:
Original post by Iqbal007
Slightly hints of racism e.g the nan thing

Oh please; that wasn't anything near racist (and I say this as an Indian myself). You're just being WAY too over sensitive if you think it was :rolleyes:
Was far too scripted to be enjoyable im afraid.
Reply 1867
I thought the special was brilliant - it certainly kept me amused throughout. Then again, I don't really watch Top Gear. I only decided to watch this special to see how the presenters would handle the indian roads and awful traffic, plus they drove through my home city of Shimla. :biggrin: I guess my expectations were different to those who are avid fans of the show. It got a couple of laughs out of me anyway.
Original post by MirandaPanda
Oh please; that wasn't anything near racist (and I say this as an Indian myself). You're just being WAY too over sensitive if you think it was :rolleyes:

Thank God for people like you.
I love James May's comedy timing
''So basically, you've got a sore plum''
Cue James May walking in the background with a lawnmower
''This is full speed!'':rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1870
Richard Hammond: "All Jeremy has to do is not win the time trial."

Jeremy Clarkson: "There's the line, POWERRRRRRRRR!!!!"

I was in tears of laughter
The Rich indian girls were hot!
Was funny. But it's too scripted to be like what it once was.
Original post by ConnorB
It was a fantastic Episode! :smile:

Ok it didn't (and nothing will) top their USA trip to New Orleans.

But I was in hysterics with the food toppling over and couldn't breathe when the mini got its face ripped off!
The British slogans on the trains were brilliant too!

Would have liked to seen more about the actual cars though!

USA (New Orleans) trip
Vietnam Trip
Middle East Trip
Bolivia Trip
USA (New York) Trip
African Trip
and Now the India Trip! :biggrin:

Where to next? Australia? China? Russia? :wink:

I want an Australian special, but also one like when Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman went across Russia.
it was good, i enjoy them using older cars for cheap prices.

had the arguement today at work regarding why dont they use ferraris etc new cars.

well they wouldnt put a loo seat on the back of a new XJL now would they decorate a new roller etc.

i enjoy them destroying these cars but they keep going.
Good episode! Loved the Mini.

My favourite is probably the Vietnam special though.
(edited 12 years ago)
The India Special was amazing. One of the best episodes of anything I've seen for a long, long time.
I thought the next episodes would be coming in the weeks after the special...............
Speaking of new episodes, when is the next one on? :holmes:
Reply 1879
Original post by BackDoorEntry
I thought the next episodes would be coming in the weeks after the special...............

Original post by S-man10
Speaking of new episodes, when is the next one on? :holmes:

According to FinalGear, via Top Gear magazine, the 29th of January: http://www.finalgear.com/news/2012/01/07/top-gear-returns-january-29th-according-to-latest-tg-magazine/

Quick Reply

Latest