The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Holy crap, this is still a thing. How is this still a thing?

Original post by niGstaymad

The #1 film that changed cinema forever

Just no.
Original post by Phalanges
Holy crap, this is still a thing. How is this still a thing?

Wow, just wow. Nazi's on the moon. That is the craziest, dumbest, most fantastical plot ever. Definitely going to be either good or really really bad
Original post by chancellorroberts

Original post by chancellorroberts
Wow, just wow. Nazi's on the moon. That is the craziest, dumbest, most fantastical plot ever. Definitely going to be either good or really really bad

Not just space Nazis. Space Nazis vs Sarah Palin.
http://www.chud.com/83085/seven-psychopaths-three-stills/

I am putting this near the top of my Most Anticipated for 2012 list. Martin McDonagh is a genius, as you know if you've seen In Bruges or read any of his plays (or seen any of his plays, but seriously who has the time or money to go to the theatre these days).
What a cast in that film.
:ditto:
The ABCs of Death is right up there as one of my most anticipated films of the year. I just love the concept of it.
Tom Waits is in it :excited: He will show up for one scene and steal the entire ****ing movie. Which is usually Walken (who is also starring) territory. Hm.
Making my way through Fincher's catalogue. :smug:
Was in the mood for some light action yesterday, so watched Captain America
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Making my way through Fincher's catalogue. :smug:

It's pretty fantastic.
Original post by Colonel.
It's pretty fantastic.

I know right. I think I've watched parts of The Game before but not the entire film. And there are so many small things I've picked up re-watching Fight Club. I have rediscovered my appreciation for Brad Pitt, he's such a talented actor.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5673
I find it interesting that two of the best English-language films of the past year were made by Scandanavian directors. :beard:
Reply 5674
Movie poster cliches, so true!

http://i.imgur.com/Kl8fq.jpg
Reply 5675
Original post by JClive
Movie poster cliches, so true!

http://i.imgur.com/Kl8fq.jpg

There are a lot of movie posters of certain compositions, granted, but then there are a lot of movie posters. It's not entirely surprising that a lot of the same themes are shared a lot of times.

Though there are a lot of very similar posters in that link, it also has to be said that the various poses/angles covered are reasonably comprehensive. There's limited options on a movie poster, in that it has to be relatively simplistic and convey a point/entice people in, within a limited space. It can't be too 'busy' - cluttered - either. Obviously, original posters are great, and often really make the poster stand out, but using simplistic advertising devices on a movie poster is probably a reasonable place to be saving on costs (given that virals and commercials are targeted by most producers, and tend to make more of an impact).
Reply 5676
'Blue' is a cliché?
Original post by Abiraleft
I find it interesting that two of the best English-language films of the past year were made by Scandanavian directors. :beard:

TTSS was one, was Drive the other?
Reply 5678
Original post by Colonel.
TTSS was one, was Drive the other?

:yep: Nicolas Winding Refn is Danish.
Reply 5679
Definitely think The Bodyguard is in for a watch today. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest