The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LETSJaM
Really? xo <3 ox WTF!

If you hadn't already worked out, <3 x is my signature, it does not mean I like you in any way shape or form. So stop copying me/taking the piss. (Delete as appropriate)

<3 x

I think i love you

xx <3 oo
Original post by LETSJaM
Really? xo &lt;3 ox WTF!

If you hadn't already worked out, &lt;3 x is my signature, it does not mean I like you in any way shape or form. So stop copying me/taking the piss. (Delete as appropriate)

&lt;3 x

I find it really difficult to reconcile the fact that the girl in Panic Room and Bella Swan are played by the same actress.
Original post by S-man10
I think i love you

xx <3 oo

I'm guessing you don't go to Eton or Harrow?

<3 x
The Help was such a poor film. I wish I could have those two hours of my life back. :emo:
Tower Heist is a good movie. Not a really good movie, nor a smart movie, but a pretty fun, good movie. Huh. Brett Ratner's not the devil after all.
Original post by LETSJaM
I'm guessing you don't go to Eton or Harrow?<3 x

I'm way past that :yep:

oo <3 xx
Original post by S-man10
I'm way past that :yep:

oo <3 xx

When will you learn? I'M NOT INTERESTED!

:angry:
I seldom enjoy children's films, but I bloody love Hugo. James Joyce and Django Reinhardt show up, ffs. Can't believe I found Trip to the Moon and silent cinema dull and unengaging in first year film classes. :pierre: Such an ignoramus. :facepalm2:
Does anybody remember/know an American film set during the Cold War era/space race with a bunch of kids trying to build a homemade rocket? I think the boy's father is a miner and he doesn't really approve.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Does anybody remember/know an American film set during the Cold War era/space race with a bunch of kids trying to build a homemade rocket? I think the boy's father is a miner and he doesn't really approve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Sky

Haha, that's the one. Thanks, man.
I've been compiling a list of films that people mention to me/I read about that interest me but don't have time for currently, so that in a period when I have time to watch them I won't have forgotten all of their names. It's only been a couple of weeks and I'm up to 20 already. :sigh:
So I've just finished Sex on the Moon. I've checked out the author's background and he's the same person who wrote The Accidental Billionaires and Bringing Down the House, both of which were adapted into The Social Network and 21 respectively. The author does have a tendency to take 'non-fiction' and exaggerate it to add in fictional elements, which arguably works brilliantly since it makes the stories enjoyable. The films seem to have that 'Catch Me If You Can' vibe to them: exploring a young protagonist doing something extraordinary/unusual.

I'd quite like a film adaptation of Sex on the Moon now.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
So I've just finished Sex on the Moon. I've checked out the author's background and he's the same person who wrote The Accidental Billionaires and Bringing Down the House, both of which were adapted into The Social Network and 21 respectively. The author does have a tendency to take 'non-fiction' and exaggerate it to add in fictional elements, which arguably works brilliantly since it makes the stories enjoyable. The films seem to have that 'Catch Me If You Can' vibe to them: exploring a young protagonist doing something extraordinary/unusual.I'd quite like a film adaptation of Sex on the Moon now.

I think I spoke about Ben Mezrich on this thread last year when I read that book, but yeah he's great. I'm pretty sure I remember the film rights being sold to Sony, with Rudin and Spacey attached to produce.

I'd want to see James Franco in the lead role. He'd kill in it.
Colonel.

I believe it was you that recommended I watch Deadwood. I wanted to thank you; that show is incredible.
Original post by Phalanges
I believe it was you that recommended I watch Deadwood. I wanted to thank you; that show is incredible.

Least I could do.
Reply 5738
Deadwood is amazing. On the subject of good TV I've just completed all six seasons of Oz, which absolutely blew my mind. HIGHLY recommended.
Oh yeah, recently watched:

Teen Wolf
Why is this a classic? It sucks. Sure it's slightly fun to see a werewolf play basketball, but it's so predictable. Michael J. Fox gives off his nice guy thing anyway, which is kinda worth seeing.

Unbreakable
WOW. Amazing film. Actually has a twist worth seeing, unlike other MNS films, and the acting is superb. Untraditional superhero film.

Midnight in Paris.
Really delightful. Owen Wilson is a good lead for this sort of film, a good Woody Allen replica if you will (to steal an opinion from Christien). Was fun seeing the Fitzgeralds and Hemmingway. I'll probably watch it again.

Quick Reply

Latest