The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queenie0105
I think it depends on how early you apply for the scholarship. A friend of mine sent his scholarship application for September 2012 intake in December 2011 and he received an email from the university said that the result would come to him in early June, few days after the deadline. My application reached the Scholarship House in early April, then I received an email said that the outcome would be released in the late of July. How about you? Did you receive any confirmation email like that?

No I didn't. In Westminster website it says that students whose scholarship applications are sent nearly to the deadline, would not receive e-mail confirmation. My application was delivered yesterday. Now, from what you said, I assume, I'll have feedback in late August/
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by AnnaWintour
No I didn't. In Westminster website it says that students whose scholarship applications are sent nearly to the deadline, would not receive e-mail confirmation. My application was delivered yesterday. Now, from what you said, I assume, I'll have feedback in late August/

Last year, all the results were posted at the Univ website on August 5th!
Reply 242
Such a long wait. I'm going to be soooo paranoid waiting for an answer. :s-smilie: It will be quiet sad to not get it after that long of a wait.
Reply 243
Original post by mekagrg
Such a long wait. I'm going to be soooo paranoid waiting for an answer. :s-smilie: It will be quiet sad to not get it after that long of a wait.

Same here...hope for the best
Reply 244
Hi, I am international student too. I don't know where are you from, but I am sure that FedEx and DHL deliver mails in 2 days all over the world. And btw, you are studying the only thing in the world I really want to study, but did not have financial support. Good luck :smile:

Hi Anna, Thanks for the reply. Today I got an e-mail from Westminster that they received my scholarship application. About the one thing that you wanted to study, MPhils are not so expensive in my country as many people want to do Masters by coursework. Demand for research degrees are low and only University staff do that as we need to do a research degree for the confirmation of our appointments, or else, after 8 years we'll be kicked out from University. I got a 80% fee waiver too since I work in the same university that I am pursuing my MPhil. If you really want to do a MPhi, come to my country. Education and research supervision is pretty good here and the only reason I am looking for an overseas degree is for what my supervisor calls 'the exposure'. :-)
Reply 245
Original post by mekagrg
Same here with the post. So i sent mine via DHL. My application arrived within couple of days, which i was really glad about and now i am just dreading about its result. :smile:

Hi, thanks a lot. I just received a mail from Westminster confirming that they received my application.
Reply 246
And 'mekagrg', don't spend your time dreading about results of the scholarship application. Its not good for you. :-)
Reply 247
Hi folks,

Another future Westminster student here, I hope. I sent the application about 2 or 3 weeks ago and got an email from the scholarships office informing that they had received the application. I later realized I might have done a little mistake since I added the limited tuition fees scholarships (the part fee waiver ones) but the ones I would actually need are the full tuition fee scholarships or the ones that include maintenance fees. Hope I haven't messed it up! :frown:

Does anyone have an idea about the rate of applicants and elected students for these scholarships? (BTW, I am an applicant for a postgraduate scholarship)

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers and wishing the best of luck for all of you as well.

Cheers.
Original post by lazaro7
Hi folks,

Another future Westminster student here, I hope. I sent the application about 2 or 3 weeks ago and got an email from the scholarships office informing that they had received the application. I later realized I might have done a little mistake since I added the limited tuition fees scholarships (the part fee waiver ones) but the ones I would actually need are the full tuition fee scholarships or the ones that include maintenance fees. Hope I haven't messed it up! :frown:

Does anyone have an idea about the rate of applicants and elected students for these scholarships? (BTW, I am an applicant for a postgraduate scholarship)

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers and wishing the best of luck for all of you as well.

Cheers.

Hello there :smile:

I am a postgraduate applicant too. This morning I received a confirmation e-mail that they have received my scholarship application and that the results are going to be given in mid-July no matter how early one has sent his scholarship application. Before I got this e-mail I kindly asked them to inform me whether my scholarship application has reached them. When they replied me, they told me that every year they receive about 1000 applications. Anyways, where do you come from and what are you going to study?
Reply 249
Hi Anna, I am from Venezuela and I'm planning to study the MA in Bilingual Translation. What about you?

By the way, in the confirmation email, they informed me that they would notify about the final decision in the late July.
Original post by lazaro7
Hi Anna, I am from Venezuela and I'm planning to study the MA in Bilingual Translation. What about you?

By the way, in the confirmation email, they informed me that they would notify about the final decision in the late July.

I received an offer in MA international Relations. I come from Macedonia. I am waiting to see the outcome of my applications to other universities so that I can decide what to do :smile:
Reply 251
I received an offer in MA international Relations. I come from Macedonia. I am waiting to see the outcome of my applications to other universities so that I can decide what to do :smile:

Nice, I wish you the best of luck!
Reply 252
Original post by lazaro7

Mine also said "late July". Weird.
Reply 253
Original post by Luckymore
And 'mekagrg', don't spend your time dreading about results of the scholarship application. Its not good for you. :-)

I know its bad but the wait is so dreadful. :smile:
Reply 254
hello every one ? what are the chances of getting scholarship. i m from Pakistan and have applied this year .
Reply 255
Original post by mahmed125
hello every one ? what are the chances of getting scholarship. i m from Pakistan and have applied this year .

I think last year there were 2500 students all competing for the scholarships so not really sure what the chances are. But the competition is really tough. :smile:
Reply 256
Is anyone here planning to defer their offer if scholarship is not given to you? I think i will be. Do you guys know how to defer the offer? I have to reply to my offer by June 7 (I think i have to answer to it today) and my scholarship results are supposed to come in late July. So i am quite at lost with the timing. :confused: I've emailed the university but i think they will take a while since it's probably the busiest time for them.
Any suggestions???
Original post by mekagrg
Is anyone here planning to defer their offer if scholarship is not given to you? I think i will be. Do you guys know how to defer the offer? I have to reply to my offer by June 7 (I think i have to answer to it today) and my scholarship results are supposed to come in late July. So i am quite at lost with the timing. :confused: I've emailed the university but i think they will take a while since it's probably the busiest time for them.
Any suggestions???

Don't worry :smile: I've read their prospectus and they say that students who have applied for a scholarship won't pay deposit until they find out the outcome of the scholarship application. When it comes to the course application, you can withdraw it anytime you want.

I accepted my offer and I will wait till I find out the result from my scholarship application
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 258
Original post by mekagrg
Any suggestions???

Hi,

I'm not sure what is the proper procedure in these cases, but I think you can just accept the offer and, in case you don't get a scholarship, let them know about the situation and ask them if it's possible to defer the offer for the next year.

edit: Posted almost at the same time as Anna :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 259
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:
Yes, i got the same answer from the admissions as well. I put my answer as "firm" in UCAS. I guess that is accepting the offer, isn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending