The Student Room Group

Ucas Uni choices

Hiii, I currently have a bit of a dilemma..

So recently I have received offers:
Exeter to study Law and economic (AAB)
Reading to study Law (AAB)
Surrey to study law (ABB)
Westminster to study Law (BBC)

The thing is, I would love to study in Exeter but many people say this joint honour wont really help me get a job in the future in comparison to if I just studied pure law. Many people also the work load is too much (But I am not really worried about just yet).
Reading is also pretty good and it is close to my house but I don't believe they do year abroad especially to countries like Germany in which, i'm mostly interested in, but I have heard this is a respected uni.
Surrey is also good, It is close to me and Ive heard employment rates are pretty decent from this university.
Westminster is also pretty good and luckily they do a year abroad which I'm really interested in, and it is also really close to home but their ranking is not as high as the other universities..

I'm really not sure what to pick and my biggest concern is employment after graduation taking into account law is such a competitive field so its important I make the best decision.
Thank you :smile:)
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi @Uhhcallmerae

Congratulations on receiving multiple offers! I'd like to offer you some insights about the Law programme at the University of Surrey.

At Surrey, we take pride in offering our students hands-on industry experience through work placements, a unique aspect not found in every university. Moreover, we provide students with the exciting opportunity to study and complete placements abroad, with various funding, scholarships, and bursaries available to support your endeavours.

SurreyPathfinder is a dedicated platform connecting students with over 2,300 partnered employers in the UK and beyond. Beyond placements, the platform facilitates access to insight weeks, summer internships, and graduate job opportunities. Additionally, we host career fairs throughout the year, offering you the chance to network with potential employers.

Our Employability and Careers team are committed to your success. They offer one-on-one sessions to assist you in refining your CV, drafting cover letters, mock interviews, placement advice and much more. If you’re ever not sure or need more support, they’re always open to hearing from you. For that reason, it's no surprise that 95% of our graduates find success in either work or further study.

Have you had the chance to visit any of the universities? If not, I’d highly recommend going along to the open/applicant visit days to gain a better understanding of the area. If you have any questions about offer holder events, please feel free to contact the team at: [email protected]

Situated in Guildford, our main campus is conveniently located within a 10-minute walk from the station and 15 minutes from the town centre. With just a 30-40 minute train ride to London, you'll have access to an expansive job market.

For more detailed information about the Law course, visit this link: Law LLB (Hons) degree course 2024 entry | University of Surrey. Dive into the student experience here: What our students say | University of Surrey. Check out an Instagram reel from one of our students here: 👩🏾⚖️LAW AT SURREY👩🏾⚖️ Find out more about my experience as a second year Law student - Olivia | Instagram.

I hope this helps! Please do let me know if you have other questions I could help with.

All the best,
Daniel
BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
University of Surrey

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending