The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

The Official Cardiff Metropolitan Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

The Official Cardiff Metropolitan 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Cardiff Metropolitan University for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Cardiff Metropolitan.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Cardiff Metropolitan do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Cardiff Metropolitan specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 7 months ago)
Hey,, does Cardiff Metropolitan offer full scholarships?
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,, does Cardiff Metropolitan offer full scholarships?

I have no idea.
1) I did a-level humanities and an Access course in science a year later.

2) I have applied to the Healthcare science course because it seems interesting and the course is geared towards training students to work in the NHS as a biomedical scientist, which is what I'm planning to do.

3) I got 45D in my access course.

4) I chose Cardiff met because it is one of the few universities that has the Healthcare course. It is also not crazy far like the others making it possible to visit my family more often. The staff seem really lovely and I like the range of societies. Cardiff city has a friendly feel to it and it isn't too expensive to live in like London.

5) There will be an interview which I am a bit shaken up by and I'm planning on preparing soon.

6) I have attended Cardiff met open day and I liked the community feel, I am a bit shy and timid when experiencing a new environment but the people were so supportive and lovely that my nerves washed away.

7) I am a bit nervous about starting university since I'm going to be away from family for a long time, I am not really used to that fact emotionally. It's just so much independence. I am second guessing my choices and hoping I have no regrets as its not a 'traditional' course, university will truly be a time where I step out of my comfort zone and move to a new city without my parents being with me :frown: This course requires travelling across Wales for placements and I do worry about the affordability, frequent travel and getting accommodation for the placements. I do look forwards to making good friends and living freely.

8) Biomedical science: Kingston, Surrey, Westminster, Oxford Brooks (I might swap one of them though)
Reply 4
Original post by Talkative Toad

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Cardiff Metropolitan University for 2024!

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Cardiff Metropolitan.

5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.

1. What A Levels are you doing- Criminology Sociology full alevels- Law and modern history as levels and an EPQ
2. What course at Cardiff Metropolitan do you have your eyes on- Criminology/professional policing
3. What grades did you get/are you predicted to get- BBC
4. Why Cardiff Metropolitan specifically-The city was full of life and very friendly as well as having great areas around the university itself
5. Will you be attending any Open Days- attended before applying
6. How are you feeling about starting University- scared to move but excited for new city life
7. Other unis you're interested in- Leeds Beckett is my insurance choice
Reply 5
Got accepted into Cardiff Met: Sport, Physical education and health
Current A levels: Business, Economics and Geography
Predicted: Business: A, Geography B and Economics B
Got an offer: BCC (contextual)

Hello all, I have been doing Travel and Travel Level 3 and Level 3 Extended, I have an unconditional in International Tourism Management Bachelors Degree with Foundation Year. My GCSE's weren't so great amd left school in 2003. Don't have to undertake any admission exams. Can't wait to accept my offer.
Reply 7

I am taking A levels in Biology, Chemistry and History and I Completed an EPQ last year.

I have applied and accepted my offer to study Healthcare Science Bsc

I am predicted to get AAB

The campus has a great atmosphere to it, the accommodation seems very good for the rent prices and I want to move far from home to experience the independence uni offers

I had to attend an interview and it went surprisingly well as I was offered a place

Attended open days last year and I am going to my applicant day at the end of April

I am very looking forward to university and can’t wait to go!

I was interested in Chester and Sheffield but I have decided on Cardiff met as my firm choice :smile:

Original post by Sophiek05

I am taking A levels in Biology, Chemistry and History and I Completed an EPQ last year.

The campus has a great atmosphere to it, the accommodation seems very good for the rent prices and I want to move far from home to experience the independence uni offers

I had to attend an interview and it went surprisingly well as I was offered a place

Attended open days last year and I am going to my applicant day at the end of April

I was interested in Chester and Sheffield but I have decided on Cardiff met as my firm choice :smile:

That's really good 😊 my applicant day is end of April as well.
Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have full scholarships at Cardiff Met. But I would suggest you have a look at the scholarship website and see if you can apply to any of the available scholarships: Bursaries & Scholarships Home (cardiffmet.ac.uk).

Should you have any questions, please contact [email protected] and they will be able to answer the questions you may have😁
Original post by username6247656
1) I did a-level humanities and an Access course in science a year later.
2) I have applied to the Healthcare science course because it seems interesting and the course is geared towards training students to work in the NHS as a biomedical scientist, which is what I'm planning to do.
3) I got 45D in my access course.
4) I chose Cardiff met because it is one of the few universities that has the Healthcare course. It is also not crazy far like the others making it possible to visit my family more often. The staff seem really lovely and I like the range of societies. Cardiff city has a friendly feel to it and it isn't too expensive to live in like London.
5) There will be an interview which I am a bit shaken up by and I'm planning on preparing soon.
6) I have attended Cardiff met open day and I liked the community feel, I am a bit shy and timid when experiencing a new environment but the people were so supportive and lovely that my nerves washed away.
7) I am a bit nervous about starting university since I'm going to be away from family for a long time, I am not really used to that fact emotionally. It's just so much independence. I am second guessing my choices and hoping I have no regrets as its not a 'traditional' course, university will truly be a time where I step out of my comfort zone and move to a new city without my parents being with me :frown: This course requires travelling across Wales for placements and I do worry about the affordability, frequent travel and getting accommodation for the placements. I do look forwards to making good friends and living freely.
8) Biomedical science: Kingston, Surrey, Westminster, Oxford Brooks (I might swap one of them though)

Great choice, can't wait to see you around the campus! 😁
Original post by kphuah
Got accepted into Cardiff Met: Sport, Physical education and health
Current A levels: Business, Economics and Geography
Predicted: Business: A, Geography B and Economics B
Got an offer: BCC (contextual)

We can't wait to welcome you on campus! Please let us know if you have any questions. 😃
Original post by Anonymous
Hello all, I have been doing Travel and Travel Level 3 and Level 3 Extended, I have an unconditional in International Tourism Management Bachelors Degree with Foundation Year. My GCSE's weren't so great amd left school in 2003. Don't have to undertake any admission exams. Can't wait to accept my offer.

Congratulations! We look forward to seeing you on campus this autumn 😁
Original post by Sophiek05

We look forward to welcoming you on our campus this September 😁
Original post by Luna87Hurst
That's really good 😊 my applicant day is end of April as well.
Hello,

The Applicant Day will be on Saturday 27th April. You will have a chance to attend the accommodation tour, campus tour, course talk and speak to the academic team. You can find more information here: Applicant Days - Cardiff Metropolitan University. 😄
Original post by CardiffMetRep
Congratulations! We look forward to seeing you on campus this autumn 😁

Thank you 😊 I'm super excited
Hey Luna ,

I've got an applicant day on the 27th too 😊
Original post by Katieg2000
Hey Luna ,
I've got an applicant day on the 27th too 😊
Hello there,

We can't wait to see you around campus! Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions. 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending